You are here

Ungrateful and jealous BM

And19's picture

So today, my husband was showing me a message in his phone from his BM and my wandering eyes happened to see some of the previous messages. One of them was him explaining that their son will be in my care over night since he needs to work. Now please keep in mind that this is HER night and their son begged us to not go to his moms house. He never wants to be over there. Her response to this message? “This is the last time this ever happens. If I had a car, I would go pick him up right now.” My husband responded by saying that this will also be the last time he spends the night with us on her day. Which I thought was a fair response. Yet I cannot shake the pain and hurt of someone being so evil to someone that feeds, baths, reads to, and all around cares for their child. She’s an awful and irresponsible mom and she should be happy that someone was able to step in while she has clearly stepped down from being a responsible parent. If I had a child of my own, I would want to spend every moment with them, even the hard ones. I wouldn’t just pawn them off on every and any one but then get upset because it’s the wife of my EX. How insecure. Anyway, her response to his message did actually include some form of an apology. She said “my bad. I took some anger out on you in that message.”  Doesn’t make me feel any better. Please, do us both a favor and pick him up every and any time he’s in my care because I’m not particularly thrilled to play mommy to the son that you neglected to teach any manners any way. Ugh! The life of a stepmom.. 

Rags's picture

neither parent gets a say on what the other parent does with the kids on that parents time.  If this is DH's time he can do with he kid as he chooses including  placing the kid with a SParent, grandparent, sibling, sitter, etc, etc, etc..... or not seeing the kid at all while abdicating his time to anyone he chooses (within reason).

That your DH even informed the BM of this situation is confusing to my.  Is there a ROFR stipulation in the CO? 

Though it was just another demonstration of how pathetic my Skid's SpermIdiot is ... he rarely saw my Skid during  his CO'd visitation.  SpermGrandHag had the Skid during visitation from pick up at the airport to drop off at the airport.  At best my Skid saw his SpermIdiot for an hour or two one time during any visitation whether that was the 5wk summer visiting or the 1 week winter or spring visitations.  Usually... the Skid never even saw the DipShitiot.  When we brought this to the court's attention... we got smacked for overstepping and the idiot in the black robe even made the comment that
any child would be blessed to have the love of this fine family."  that SpermGrandHag was the judge's maid probably had something to do with that comment.  So we learned.... bare their asses on this kind of thing in private and in public but not in court.

Your DH has a problem with TMI it seems.  Particularly in his interface with BM.