You are here

Unexpected plus out of all this drama but I'll take it

4ever's picture

The last few weeks have been full of drama because of a change to the parenting plan, my stepdaughter has been distant and weird for the first time in 5 years, and yesterday was the best mother's day I've had since i met my husband. Hah! I think know that my stepdaughter wants to be with her mom more right now is understandable and it also lets me off the hook somehow. I didn't realize how much i walked on eggshells when she's here or how much time I spent conferencing with her teachers and her counselor and setting up tutors and activities and taking her shopping and cleaning her room and doing her laundry and taking her tot he doctor and dentist and on and on and on. Usually on mother's day I'm feeling low like many of your here do, feeling sad that I don't have kids and feeling left out and unappreciated. But yesterday i honestly didn't even think about it! I had a long boozy lunch with my big sis, bought myself some new bling and came home and enjoyed time with my husband. Best mother's day ever. And no, i'm not wondering if husband and stepdaughter have anything planned for me next weekend for Stepmother's Day. Sometimes they do a little something but my stepdaughter will be with her mom and I don't think its even going to cross my mind. Sucha relief! I know mother's day is hard for many stepmoms and I don't want to make it sound like its not a big deal, it can be so ahrd. But I'm just relieved to not feel that way for once. For once I'm like you can have her MOTY!

P Popper's picture

Good for you! It's nice to just NOT sometimes.

Thank you for responding to my post about being ready to move on.
I didn't put up a lot of detail on purpose. I have tried to stay positive but I finally got tired of being tired of it :).

I hope you continue to find joy!
Smile

Step-Mom-ster's picture