You are here

Tucking in a 14 year old female

headnurse2008's picture

My new boyfriend routinely tucks in his daughter that he has primary custody of nightly. He goes into her room, shuts the door and is in there at least 10-15 minutes . When I grew up at this age, we would go into the living room, kiss our parents goodnite and go into our respective rooms and put ourselves to bed. This makes me very uncomfortable. When I have talked to him about it he becomes very angry and states "what am I trying to do, accuse him of being a child molester?" This young lady is very well developed and walks around the house with her breasts handing out of her tank tops, etc, to the degree that her nipples will be showing at times. When I point this out to her father, he simply states that he did not notice and for her to change her clothes. She will frequently wear thin shirts with no bras. I do not understand his overlooking this. I try to explain how uncomfortable this makes me and he does not seem to understand my feelings. Am I over-reacting on this subject?

IAmALady77's picture

Not at all are you over reacting, I got creeped out just reading this Sad And the fact that he would just jump to that conclusion, WTF?! Of course, I don't know the whole story and he could just come from a very affectionate family. Maybe stick a nanny cam in there if your gut is really telling you something is wrong with the situation. Especially if he is closing the door....

oneoffour's picture

No. Tell your BF that his daughter's dress style and behaviour will give men the wrong idea about her. And the next time he goes in to tuck her in, interrupt him and ask him if he wants icecream or something. If something inappropriate is going on, just excuse yourself from the room. Tomorrow, pack and move out.

Something isn't right. Either he is molesting her or it is mutual incest or he is at the very LEAST allowing her adult status which means there will never be room for you.

If he says he needs private time with his daughter this means that he isn't ready for a woman to share his life.

Why is he shutting the door?

Invisiblestepmom14's picture

Ewwww....that is just gross!! I have 2 skids that are SD10 & SS11 and we don't tuck them in at night!! We say goodnight to them and they go to their rooms!! My SD might hug my DH but that is few and far between!! There is something not right about that!

Stepcop's picture

The bed time thing, no idea. The dressing thing... Here's my story. My dh never noticed sd13 dressing similarly to your. When I confronted him, he told me since she started developing (she began very early), he was very uncomfortable even looking. So the shirt of it is, he really had an aversion to looking at her more than a glance. Since I have pointed out these things, he has now put a stop to the see through clothing, shorty shorts, etc.

StickAFork's picture

Well, I'll be the unpopular voice here.
Being "developed" doesn't mean anything necessarily.

I actually think it's pretty great that this teenage girl has a good relationship with her father. They probably spend that whopping 10-15 minutes chatting about the day or whatever before she goes to bed.

I truly don't understand why GFs/SOs get all jealous and their panties bunched up when a father actually LIKES and spends time with his daughter.

My advice? Leave it alone. If you really, truly thought you were with an incestuous child molester, I doubt you'd be with him.

LRP75's picture

"I truly don't understand why GFs/SOs get all jealous and their panties bunched up when a father actually LIKES and spends time with his daughter."

The OP said nothing to indicate that she is JEALOUS about those 15 minutes that her H spends with his daughter. Where did you even get that from???

Where do you come up with the crap you post? Do you even READ what people are saying before you pop in to vomit out your 2 cents?

bi's picture

no, she doesn't read. she skims and responds. you know how i ignore sd when she stalks me? saf told me to ignore her and keep doing my job. :? yeah, uh thanks for the advice. I'M ALREADY DOING THAT, BRAINIAC!!

LRP75's picture

I know! I read that particular blog of yours Bi.

I suppose that some of us are more helpful than others.

I just get frustrated when people not only aren't on here to try to be helpful, but they also cast bizarre aspersions and accusations to the OP's when, more than half the time, it's clear they haven't even READ what was written. The other half of the time it seems as though *some people* are just trying to be divisive simply for the sake of being divisive. I don't understand why? All that I can assume is that *some people* are just rude, or they have immature critical thinking and analytical skills.

StickAFork's picture

If OP was NOT jealous about this time, then she wouldn't care that they do this.

Like I said, if she truly thought her BF was a pedophile, I doubt she'd be with him.

Hence, the jealousy comment.

And, Bi, I said what I said about ignoring SD because you are SO wrapped up in the fact that she visiting a WM. You post about it as much as you can, and it clearly takes up space in your head.

By ignore, I meant IGNORE. Completely. Like it's not even happening.

Shaman29's picture

Nothing the OP stated made me think there is a jealousy issue here. She is obviously concerned about this kid or the situation wouldn't be making her "Spidey Sense" tingle.

I don't think she should ignore this behavior if it's concerning her. She said "new" BF, so she doesn't really have a full sense of his character yet.

To me the closed door, tucking in at night is crossing a boundary. This is not a sign of a close relationship. This is a sign of a very dysfunctional father/daughter relationship.

StickAFork's picture

It makes me sad that people as SO quick to jump to sick conclusions.

Just because a man "tucks in" (liberal definition here) his daughter doesn't make him a sick fuck.

Shaman29's picture

I am not jumping to conclusions about the OP's new BF. Based on what she wrote, it seems it needs to be checked out for the following reasons.

1. Tucks in his 14 y/o daughter every night.
2. Closes the door when he does it.
3. 14 y/o girl walks around in provocative clothing.

This could be totally innocent or there could be something horrible going on. Either way, the OP should trust her gut.

If something bad is happening and she does nothing, she could be held liable for anything that happens to this kid. Look at what happened at Penn State.

I'm not saying this is going on, however molesters groom their victims. If this has been going on her entire life, this could be a case where this 14 y/o girl thinks what he father is doing is "normal". She may believe all dads do this with their kids.

If the OP were simply jealous, she would leave the new relationship. To me she sounds concerned about what could be going on.

sometimesmomof123kids's picture

My Biological Father (aka Sperm Donor, BF, etc.) molested only one of his daughters/my sister for YEARS. (The only one whose mother did not live under his roof or have any contact with her BM. She had no one to protect her. Her SM had less concern over what he did to her b/c she wasn't hers, she resented her b/c the first wife was beloved and left him and she was 2nd choice. Not to say that all SM's would be this way - obviously this is not the case here especially. But this one just didn't care. She also physically, verbally and emotionally abused my sister (the same one) herself. Their special one on one time was her being molested. She became promiscuous at a very young age as a result, and thought the only way to get attention and love was to be sexual.

It is better to be careful and wary, than to be wrong even once.

Oh and as soon as I found out, I had my Mom call CPS and they were basically raided. She got punched in the face and told to lie or be beaten. She lied. However, the molestation stopped and she moved in with our Aunt not too long after that. She still misses him and loved him so much. GAG!

Shaman29's picture

I completely agree with you. If there is just one single flicker of doubt, then the OP should definitely look into this situation.

I'm sorry about what happened to your sister. There are some sick people in this world. I hope she's okay now.

Unfortunately she is a disaster as a mother and lets her 13 y/o daughter sleep over at her 18 y/o BF's house...and she herself is such a slut as a result of the abuse she has done despicable things and I am not sure that she can be salvaged. It has made her a monster of another kind.

bi's picture

so your logic is that if i post about it, i'm not ignoring it. ok....

i ignore when she's doing it. that doesn't mean i'm immune to being aware of what she's doing. and i post about it "every chance i get"? i post about what happens in my step life as this is in fact a step site created for exactly that purpose. so i'm really not sure what your issue with my postings is. you are obviously reading my posts every chance you get, so what's your point? the best way to deal with a problem is to deal with it. i deal with it by trying to discourage sd by not giving her the attention she craves and by getting it out of my head and into a blog. is that really so difficult to comprehend?

if you don't like what people have to say, stop reading. it's really not that hard.

StickAFork's picture

Bi, the fact that your SD hangs around a WalMart is CLEARLY on your mind. A lot.

You stated yourself that you want to figure out WHY she is doing this, reading into her actions and trying to get in her head.
I meant IGNORE her. IGNORE, like it's not even happening. You're not ignoring it. You're festering about it. Big f'n difference.

Again, if you need to discourage sd from getting the attention she craves by "getting it out," then you AREN'T IGNORING IT.
Her antics are taking up space in your head.

bi's picture

whatever you say. you obviously don't get a damn thing i've said. i'm done going around about this with you.

bi's picture

once again, your "logic" is f'd. if i am concerned about my teenage daughter spending too much time with an older boy, would that mean i was jealous? is being jealous a mandatory precursor to caring about a situation? that is ridiculous. you are ridiculous.

MacMom's picture

The way you present the situation sounds really creepy. But, since we don't know the entire story, one thing came to mind. Bedtime for my son in his room was as time of winding down for us, chatting about the day, cuddling with the dogs, giggling, etc, we'd keep at it for usually around 20 minutes or so, and it dwindled down for him by the age of 16. I hope that wasn't weird. I just sat on the edge of the bed or if there wasn't room with the dogs I'd sit on the floor while we checked out for the day with each other. And he's okay. So, reading the responses, besides the provocative way the girl dresses, during the day do she and her dad share a pretty close bond, do you pick up on anything weird betwixt them during the day?

luchay's picture

I'm with you MacMom. My OH has 2 kids - sd12 and ss9, they share a room when here, but he still tucks them both in and spends 10-15 minutes just chatting with them before they go to sleep.

Probably doesn't seem as creepy as it's not sd on her own, but it could be and probably is just dad showing his daughter that they still have special time together even though he now has a new gf.

My dd's are 9 (almost 10) and 6 (almost 7) and I still tuck them both in and spend about 5 mins in each ones room just having a joke and a cuddle before they go to sleep but that's allowed it seems because I'm the woman. I hope (but have never thought to ask) that when they are at their bf's he tucks them in too. It is what they are used to and it will stop soon enough when they are ready.

Most 14yo girls dress provocatively if allowed. Dad might just not have given it a lot of thought or liked to look/notice IYKWIM.

Orange County Ca's picture

So lets assume you're not exagerating and its 15 minutes. I've heard of premature ejaculation but that's a quickie isn't it? I doubt if anything physical is going on but emotionally this is not appropriate. It could lead up to something physical that is for sure.

How about a compromise. Tell him he must leave the door wide open. He'll fight back of course in which case tell him he's totally out of line and if he can't leave the door open you'll have to move on. I suspect you're more expendible than his precious father/daughter moments.

stormabruin's picture

15 minutes is PLENTY of time for a "quickie". That's why it's called a "quickie". It doesn't necessarily allow time for foreplay, but I suppose he gets his fill of foreplay watching her traipse around the house in next to nothing all evening.

If they're talking & catching up on the day, there's no reason for the door to be closed. It's inappropriate.

As her father, he should be well aware of the importance of teaching his daughter modesty.

Family or not, privacy is important. It's inappropriate for anyone to be seeing her nipples.

Really? As parents, all we get is 15 minutes! That is a bit of a strange way to rule out molestation.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

EEEWH.OCC, that is even more creepy. :jawdrop:
Headnurse, I am with you, it is not the right behaviour towards a 14 year old.I suspect she is still his baby girl in his eyes and he doesn't see that she is by now nearly a grown up.What to do?Talk and talk again and again that it is not appropriate until he gets it.

anafiodorova's picture

If you have not invested much time in this relationship I would suggest that you reconsider your involvement. The emotional dysfunction will leave you with a lot of disappointment.You deserve better!Find a man who has a healthy boundaries and relationship with his children or does not have children.

TASHA1983's picture

I agree with you....I dont know of ANY man, maybe less then 5% of the male population that DOESNT notice when a girl/woman's boobs are falling out all over the place for all to see!!! I call BS on that one too...hes just acting like he doesnt notice so that he wont look like a complete creeper and awful father for NOT telling/making his daughter dress modest and approprietly!!! Sick fuck!!!

I would be ALL over that shit...when my son gets older there are NO SKANKY DRESSED TRAMPS allowed in my house....if they cant have enough respect to dress approprietly then in my mind they are TROUBLE!!!

TASHA1983's picture

You are absolutely right!!! I swear I have radar when it comes to trashy women...when I am out with my BF I am always on the look out and if we notice then you are damn certain the man has already noticed!!!

mama_althea's picture

I'm not going to jump to the molestation conclusion, although it's not impossible. I am going to jump all over it being an issue, though. At the very least, as someone mentioned, there's probably some adult spousal status or overly-Princess BS going on. Neither is a small thing to live with.

And as far as not being able to see her provocative clothes? It's beause his head is in the sand. My SO can't see SD's matted hair or dirty face either. But being a grubby little kid does not carry the same weight as a 14-year old looking like that. He needs to understand that it's dangerous if he does not see this.

BSgoinon's picture

See, now I am the type of person that... if I want to know what the EFF is going on in my house, I walk in. I would have no problem walking by and opening the door to say good night and leaving it wide open, possibly even just standing in the door way until he is done with his kissy kissy goodnights.

I promise you it will take him off guard the first time you do it, and if there is something "wrong" going on, you will know.

Peaches1973's picture

I agree,you will be able to tell by their reactions when you walk in if theres something going on that they are trying to hide.
To play devils advocate though-my fiance has that guilty dad thing going and his daughter is now 16.He doesnt close the door if he goes in her room or to tell her goodnight but I do know she likes to make sure she has daddys undivided attention and draws it out all she can.Like bringing up really silly stuff that she knows he would have no interest in,just to keep him talking to her.All his kids are like this,they just get better at it as they get older and of course hes an easy mark cause there have never been any boundries to taking up his time.

MacMom's picture

Where's the OP Headnurse? Before I'm ready to condemn her new BF to a hanging for molesting his daughter, I'd like to know more about how things are during the day with his daughter and him. Maybe he closes and locks to door to get some feedback from his daughter and/space regarding the new GF??

Because bedtime would be the best time to talk about the new GF? No. That is when you are riding in a car alone to and from somewhere. Nanny Cam, Open the Door, shoot - take it off the hinges! WRONG WRONG WRONG

I agree. It will go deeper underground if you don't catch him in the act and there is something. If nothing is going on, it would be a lot easier to do it on the sly and not look like a dumbhead if it is nothing...but again, NANNY CAM!

BigEasy1203's picture

C'mon, I think it's a bit much to assume there is molestation going on, at least from what I am reading. I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until you have something concrete.

I mean, maybe he just wants to have some privacy, like it's "their time" to talk or whatever. I agree that it's odd that a 14-year-old girl would want to be tucked in, but could be she's still playing the daddy's girl thing and he likes it because he feels like she's still his little girl. As far as her inappropriate attire, how many dads overlook stuff because they don't ever want to be the bad guy. That's so very common.

Anyway, I would be stunned if he were really molesting his own daughter and she was okay with it and continually wanted him to come "tuck her in".

Now, the fact that he's not being the person to draw the line on her dress, etc ... I can see how you would be upset there.

RedWingsFan's picture

My 2 cents and experience: My DH didn't have a clue that some of SD14's behavior was inappropriate until *I* pointed it out.

I met them when she was almost 12. She had an unnatural attachment to him. Held his hand fingers interlaced in a lover's lock. Would sit on his lap even at the dinner table! Wouldn't allow him out of her sight for a second, even following him to the bathroom. Spooned with him on the floor watching tv, with her butt in his crotch area, her back to his belly, grabbed his arm and pulled it over top of hers and held his hand fingers interlaced. She always wore tight tops and short shorts even in the middle of winter and would complain she was cold so wanted to snuggle with daddy under a blanket on the couch where she'd sit on his lap and throw the blanket over them.

When he'd put her to bed, SHE insisted on him closing the door so they could "be alone". He never saw anything wrong with any of the above behaviors until I pointed out how ridiculously inappropriate they were. He honestly had no idea but once I discussed it with him, it's like a huge light bulb went off.

I read and re-read your post and then all of the responses. It appears that your intuition is telling you to be on guard. I'd install a camera or next time, after he's been in her room for a few, knock quickly and poke your head in asking him a question "you forgot to mention earlier" or...just make something up! Get in there and find out what's going on or you'll never be at rest or peace with it. And for heaven's sakes if something IS going on, get out of that situation immediately!

Good luck and I'm sure we'd all love to hear how things turn out!

RedWingsFan's picture

Unfreakingreal:

Have you talked to DH about her behavior? Mine seriously was so clueless! He honestly looked at me and was like "OMG you're right!" and immediately started putting some space in between them and not allowing her to be so touchy-feely with him. H

Also, I think since he moved out and got his own place in the beginning and allowed her to help him decorate and make it "theirs", she formed a strange unnatural attachment to him, more like that of a gf/mini-wife. She thought they were playing house together and it would always just be the two of them and then *I* came along and ruined her whole idea of how life would look.

It was incredibly annoying when she'd "have a bad day" and immediately drag him into her room, shut the door and have to "talk" for an hour. Once I was making dinner and it was on the table and she all of a sudden needed to chat alone with dad. They were in her room for 30 minutes, knowing I'd just put dinner on the table! I ate, packed the rest of it up into tupperware and put it in the fridge, left the dirty dishes in the sink and left the apartment. Came back several hours later to a bewildered man and a smug-looking girl...never did it again.

She's since stopped even coming over or calling her dad since he called her out on her other bad behavior (sexting her 13 yr old old bf, phone sex, etc). She said she'd rather be with her mom. Ok, you will NOT hear me complaining about that. Her 14th birthday is this weekend. I told him not to be shocked if for the first time in a month, she calls...

sterlingsilver's picture

headnurse, I'd flee the scene. it's not worth the heartache. your 6th sense picked up something, investigate if you must, but it's likely true and not at all good.