You are here

Trying Not To Lose It

kim1960's picture

I'll try to be brief...we have a court date 2/27 to hold BM in indirect civil contempt because of numerous violations of the JPA such as taking 4 year old SS out of state for five weeks and not telling us where he was, not notifying us of his having surgery etc. We had quit keeping him over night in Sept. after numerous allegations by her of doing and talking about adult things in front of him, about our feeding of him etc. She actually had the poor thing going to a psychologist because he could not "handle" his father's realtionship with me and the "changes" in his father's house. I might add that this was shocking to us, the SS and I have always gotten along well and we have always been very affectionate it. SS had not been back to the psychologist since we stopped overnight visits until last night. It was my fiancee's regular visitation and he was suppose to have him from 5:00 until 8:00. He gets an email at work at 4:30 telling him he can't have him until 6:45 because he is going to the pshchologist again. He calls BM and tells her no to reschedule the appointment on another day then his visitation. She hangs up on him and needless to say we didn't get to see SS. Well BM calls last night about 8:00 and finacee lets it go to voice mail. When we listened to it you could hear her saying to SS "I don't know why daddy doesn't want to talk to you." BM calls this morning and leaves a message on fiancee's voice mail at work while he was in a meeting saying she has had to take SS back to the psychologist because SS thinks his father doesn't like him because he doesn't see him that much! Fiancee decides to go and see SS at daycare on his lunch hour. When he sees him SS says (very loudly) so that teacher can hear, "Mommy says your mean to her, why are you mean to mommy?" Fiancee says he is not mean to mommy. SS asks why fiancee didn't want to see him last night. Fiancee tells SS that he wanted to see him but mommy had taken him to the doctor so he couldn't. He told SS to tell mommy to make his appointment on another day so that he can see daddy. Fiancee reassured SS that he loved him very much and they hugged and kissed each other goodbye and fiancee told him he would come see him at daycare tomorrow. I am so furious that she is actually using this four year old in the little games that she plays and actively trying to turn him against his father. I am trying so hard to keep it together until the court date. Is there anything we can do to get her to stop this? Fiancee wants to avoid contact with her and continue to see SS at daycare and plan on picking him up next Wednesday as is scheduled in the JPA. He feels she is trying to bait him into exploding on her and then she will try and use that in her defense at the hearing. Is this the right way to go? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

loonybonusmom's picture

while my experience with family court did not go well I did learn a few things....1. Stay calm and be patient...bf is doing all the right things by being good dad and seeing his son however and whenever he can...no one can deny this FACT especially when she acts like a spaz..let her show her true colors 2. pray that you have a GOOD judge on the bench that day..believe me it can make all the difference 3.showing she is in contempt of the agreement is bf's legal right but..document everything..buy a calendar and write details directly on it. When we began our family court crap we were advised by the lawyer to call the x on any contempts especially in regards to your future goals..if any..the contempts make a difference A good judge will recognize bf's efforts, and bm's interference with his access. my ss's bm tried to say we denied him of normal childhood activities during court...because we requested she not enroll him in swimming lessons on the weekends..we lived 45mins away from the pool, she lived 2blocks with lessons available 7days a week...the lessons by the way were 1/2hour long at 8am and not only ss did not actually get in the pool..at 4yrs he was still afraid of the water bm did not make it to lessons on her weekend...we went?!..funny she enrolled him in the lessons 48hrs before dh was served with court papers..oh yeah there is all kinds of tricks protect yourself and dh

kim1960's picture

Fiancee talks to the psychologist today who tells him SS did not have an appointment last night and is completely baffled why BM said he did. Psychologist must have called BM because she called fiancee at work and told him that she knew he had called the psychologist to see if SS had an appointment and that he actually had the appointment with the chiropracter next door and that whatever he was up to it better stop and it would all be ending soon (whatever the hell that means.) He simply hung up on her. She is up to something we just haven't figured out what. Her email yesterday was very clear.....it said that SS has appointment with psychologist at 5:30 pick him up there. It said nothing about the chiropractor next door.

Becky's picture

control thing. I don't know your story, but I've been in that spot with bm. Good luck.