You are here

Thoughts on SS’s Odd and very annoying behavior

Bettylou78's picture

Ok last summer TWO days after SS13 turned 13 we went to an Amusement park. DH told him we were going to say he was 12 since it was half off for 12 and under. Well SS FLIP OUT saying that's wrong, that's lying and refused to let DH say that. We were out of state and SS did not know anyone there so that's not the reason. 

I work in a hospital and spilled coffee in my car so I grabbed ONE small wash cloth from work to clean it up. SS saw the wash cloth with my hospital name on it and said to me that I'm a thief and I stole it. These are just TWO examples but there is more but think you get the point. 

Number one...WHAT 13 year old boy would EVEN care let alone make such a big deal about it. 

Number two and the MOST shocking is SS is the BIGGEST Liar and thief there is! SS has stolen $$ from both DH and I. I have to HIDE ANYTHING I think SS13 would like as he's stolen my phone charger, Crystals, Knickknacks. He stole DH hold watch and blamed his cousin. SS lies about everything from stealing to if he did his homework to if he broke something. 

So WHY do you think SS expects DH/me to be completely honest and perfect BUT it's ok for him to steal money/Personal items and lie about almost everything???

Maxwell09's picture

He is doing it to make himself fell better and justify his own choices. He needs to see a therapist. 

Pregnantwithquestions's picture

I'm sorry but I think that you're setting poor examples, and SS is behaving in a way that he's seen exemplified in his life time and time again. Lying about age is a lie. If everyone *around* the age of 12 lied about being 12 to gain entry and get half off, then they wouldn't be able to offer 1/2 off. If every employee took 1 small item, then there'd be no more "small" items to take. You see where I'm going with this? I think it's almost biblical, be trusted with the small things and you can be trusted with big (not religious, just using that phrase as an example). 

I get it, my SK is very, very literal and would be mortified to be prompted to tell a white lie. But you can't really expect him to be an upstanding citizen when your DH or you or whoever are both recreating societal rules to be adjusted and tailored to benefit you.