You are here

They found my favorite breakfast place!

Rags's picture

Today's amazing breakfast at my favorite breakfast and lunch only place was invaded by ill behaved kids and their idiot parents.  Several of them.  There were also some extremely well behaved kids accompanying their quality parents.

There was even one dad who picked up his in the middle of a meltdown toddler and took him outside. What a great dad.  Toddlers are toddlers and have the occassional meltdown.  The idiot parents who ignore thear screaming spawn and subject everyone else in the restraunt to the consequences of the expansion of their shallow and polluted gene pool should requred licensing before they breed. (Joke).

I love kids. I was playing peek-a-boo with one at breakfast today. 

I have no use for idiot parents and the failures of their spawning experiments. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

When restaurants banned smoking, I very much wished they'd go to Children and No Children sections... *dirol*

Rags's picture

Though for far different reasons.  A positive for the law of unintended consequences I suppose.

Screaming kids were in a different section. At least a different section from the bachelors.

Rags's picture

Good move.  But... smokers breed too.  Unfortunately. Update:  SMokers who smoke around children.  Are questionable as parents.  My appologies for not clarifying sooner.

In my area, a child in the smoking section was akin to a Bigfoot sighting. *biggrin*

FTR, my DH is one of those "breeder" who smokes. Two of the skids are his skids; not his bios. All four are now hardworking adults and a joy to be around. Leading by example and with honor and integrity can overcome.

Rags's picture

I have friends who were raised by great parents who were smokers.  Sadly, most of those parents are no longer alive.  I hope that your DH is a notable exception to that sad outcome.

Oh, I'd say that's a given.

My parents were also smokers. Their children did just fine.

The_Upgrade's picture

My DD knows if she throws a tantrum she gets put over my shoulder in a fireman's carry and we march to the car (I'm tiny and can't carry a struggling small human without putting my back out. She can flail to her heart's content over my shoulder). It took a couple of meltdowns complete with tears and begging all the way home but kids aren't dumb. Nowadays it just takes one look and she'll pull her head in if she doesn't want the fun to end. Just gotta be willing to tough it out through the meltdowns without giving in which is the hard part. Some people either ignore or bribe instead.

Rags's picture

You parent.  They don't. Your DD  is blessed to have you.

They had no business breeding.  Sadly, their kids are doomed.

Kerrywho's picture

Kids make every place/situation less enjoyable 

I was swimming in my ex's sister's pool one day and enjoying myself then 3 screaming kids come along, splashing me and well, just being obnoxious... I thought you know what really ruins pools? Kids. 

You know what really ruins a dining experience? Kids. 

I try to stick with bars and upscale resteraunts. Less kids to ruin the night. 

I honestly do think there should be certain venues that don't allow kids. I'm not even saying that to be over the top. I honestly think it would be a good marketing strategy and more people than we'd think would be grateful for such a policy. Or a fine of however amount for parents who refuse to police their kids and consider other people. Such ideas would never happen but what  wonderful world it would be is that was the case. 

Sorry for your loss Rags :( 

shamds's picture

His whole family over for a bbq/dinner or birthday part because 1 particular adult niece with 4 kids, has a psychotic tantrum daughter who takes pleasure in smacking my babies and toddlers when having a tantrum and demanding her mum take my kids which of course my husband isn't stupid to allow when your kid is screaming and unstable.

actually my husband had to tell off his grandniece before her mum even opened her mouth. Her and her husband just sit there and smile. Like seriously just effin parent your kids!!

since my husband refuses to exclude this niece and her husband and kids from the invite, oh well no family it is since that kid has never behaved.

my fil/sil do come to stay privately which is ok but it really pisses me off when people have tantrumy kids and they sit there turning a blind eye or smile.

Kaylee's picture

If kids are misbehaving in a cafe or restaurant, their parents should take them out. End of story. But of course, many don't. They just ignore them, carry on drinking etc, while other diners evenings put are ruined by kids screaming, running around the venue etc....