You are here

Is there anyway legal or otherwise to get bm out of my life

Carah's picture

Hi guys it's been awhile. Bs with bm and sd6 continue. Bm is now slandering me and falsely accusingly of things to sd. I can't take it anymore I can't continue to live with these lies and false accusations especially to a child that lives with us full time and sees her mother 4 times a month. I was recently told that goes on my daughters (13yo) fb page (I have since reset all the security settings) and that she tries to go mine. I can't take this anymore I am so stressed out and will not subject my children to her craziness. I have told DH that he needs to figure this out and deal with it stat!!!! Any help on what he can do or what I can do before I end this whole thing would be appreciated (I apologize in advance for grammar and spelling I am on my phone). Thank you.

Orange County Ca's picture

As 'punkin' said above. Unfortunately she'll likely ignore even a restraining order and you'll have to do it the hard way by proving she broke the order. That can be done only with witnesses or print outs of what she's writing. If she's blocked that won't work and if its sent to your husbands email he should not even tell you they exist and ignore them.

But definitely give the no contact letter a try, they carry more punch if an attorney writes it. Then the restraining order but you'll need at least some proof to show the judge. You'll need an attorney to get it unless you or your husband are good at reading court procedures manuals located in the local law library.

And as you indicated you can admit step-parenting was a mistake as most step-parents would agree. Then end the co-habituating but not necessarily the dating until the kids are all grown.

Carah's picture

Would that include looking at fb pages does that count as contact? She never contacts me directly just talks shit about me to everyone else including her daughter she never has the balls or maturity to say it to me.