You are here

Thanksgiving CRAP

weekendwidow's picture

DH and I went to see our step family counselor, last week at my request because I was having so much anxiety about the holidays I couldn't see straight...literally. I was having dizzy spells and fainted once. RIDICULOUS.

After an hour with the therapist - she told DH that I should not have to cook and/or entertain those disrespectful skids. If he wants to have time with them, it should be w/o me. I agreed and so did DH.

Therapist told DH to reach out to skids and ASK what they had in mind for the holidays...put it on them to make an effort to get together. He did. SD22 responded that she's going to BM's fr Thanksgiving but would be available on Friday for leftovers.

1.) My mom is having MAJOR CANCER SURGERY on Friday - so fuck you SD22 DH is too busy that day being there for his wife.
2.) I don't know about anyone else, but Thanksgiving leftovers are quite sacred in my house. I don't want to share them with the likes of the shebeast. I chose to share the fruits of my labors with people who actually have something going for them and how rude and arrogant of you to assume you are welcome to come into MY home and eat MY food.
3.) So after our session last week, DH invited SS22 to our house for thanksgiving after all. ASSHOLE.

I asked him, if SS22 didn't have already plans for Thanksgiving that excluded you, what were you going to do? His answer "I would've talked to you and made a plan". So...in other words, what we discussed and agreed to in counseling was all a lie?

HE WAS THERE WHEN I WAS SO STRESSED OUT THAT I PASS OUT!!! Wake the hell up!

weekendwidow's picture

I love Tday. I love to cook the meal, I love to share the meal with people I am THANKFUL to have in my life. Skids are not in that category. So lucky me, DH will be having dinner with me because DD22 has plans with the BioCow...moo.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I have been worried about Thanksgiving since last year, esp since about July. Today I found out the Mimi's Cafe restaurant near us is CLOSED down for good. They answered their phone before Halloween and stated that they didn't have the books open yet for Thanksgiving reservations. So, we're busy trying to come up with a plan for the holiday.

I told DH today that there is nothing I would love more than to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year. I love this season, I listed all of the reasons why for him, even though he already knows. I then told him I absolutely refuse to cook again because my past two Thanksgivings have been ruined by SD19. I told him that I am already harboring so much resentment against her for ruining Thanksgiving before, that I KNOW the littlest thing would set me off if I cooked. I also told him SD19 and SD13 aren't appreciative and would be done eating in ten minutes. SD13 because she'll fill up on milk and only eat three bites of food, SD19 because she already said this past summer that she "didn't think Thanksgiving was that special."

Well, fuck you both.

I don't even want to waste the money on these Skids at a restaurant for the very same reasons listed above. I told DH I could go be with my parents since they haven't been around for this holiday in awhile. I would miss DH, though. I looked DH right in the eyes and told him that my life is going to have to be on hold for the next ten years until these Skids are grown and gone.

He was speechless but I think I hit home.

~ Moon

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

If someone makes you so upset to the point that you feel physically ill and faint, you should really reevaluate your life. Life is waayyyy too short girlfriend.

weekendwidow's picture

I completely agree and that's precisely what I am doing. So skids, period. MY house, MY rules. You can see your little crotch droppings somewhere else and leave me out of it.

I've never asked him to put on a fake smile, open his heart and home, and lovingly prepare a meal for people that HATE him. Why does he do this to me? His kids are not welcome in my home because of their actions. The end.

intrinsicmemory's picture

DH is so tired of SD's ungrateful shitty attitude I am step kid free for both holidays. One I will spend at a good friends house with DH, getting drunk and playing pool, the other will be spent in our pajamas most of the day watching movies with hot cocoa, then at our favorite local restaurant hanging with our favorite employees that drew the short card for working the holiday.

weekendwidow's picture

Sounds heavenly! Enjoy these moments and have a drink to toast all of the steps who aren't there yet! Good for you!