You are here

Thanksgiving BS is over, Let the Christmas BS begin

weekendwidow's picture

My mom is still in the hospital, since Friday, recovering from major surgery for her cancer. She's doing well but taking her sweet time in getting all functions back to normal. Needless to say, I've been busy sharing my time between her and my buddy who started Chemo on Thanksgiving.

On Saturday, DH went to have dinner with skids. I wasn't going to go because I can't stand them and they abhor me, so why put myself through hell. Besides, I just had no patience for any BS due to all the personal drama that surrounds me. I took my kids out to dinner and we had a BLAST. I forget how funny they are (BD17 and BS15).

Before DH went to dinner I asked how he was going to explain my absence. He danced around the "issue" and had some cockamamie excuses that didn't fly with me. I said, "How about you tell them the truth? Why not say, WW doesn't feel welcome because of the way you both treat her, but she doesn't want to interfere with my relationship with you so I am here and she's not." He agreed.

Well, my absence wasn't even mentioned. SS22 showed up w/o her loser husband and DH asked where HE was, perfect opportunity to ask about me, right? Nope.

I am not surprised one bit and frankly don't really care all that much. I said to DH "this proves what I have been saying all along...they don't give a shit about me. Now do you get it, DH? Please stop asking me to give a shit about people who don't give a shit about me. It's not fair." He said, "you're right." WHOA! He's starting to see it even more (I hope)

Last night his asshole, pothead, punk son (ss17) texts DH and said "Hey dad can we talk about Christmas? I don't know what you were planning to get me but I wanted to coordinate that with mom so you can get what I want with her, unless you already got me something so...yeah. Can we talk about Christmas?"

What an assuming, entitled asshole. DH laughed and didn't respond...yet. I hate skids, they suck!

kathc's picture

skeeter, it scares the shit out of me that you've been married 35 years and deal with sd55 and sgd30 who are such assholes...

weekendwidow's picture

I totally agree with you kathc. I get a lump in my throat at the thoughts of this drama continuing FOREVER.

kathc's picture

This is awesome. lol

Or, give her one of those "money tree" things...where you fold the money all pretty and attach it to look like a tree...and it's all $1's and a grand total of $20. I'm sure she's expecting far more than that!

weekendwidow's picture

Even better would be a collection book of flat pennies...hey, it's money.