You are here

Thanksgiving

mommeanests's picture

So I am mostly a reader not a poster on here, but the drama that has happened in the last week or so, warrants some advice.
I am going to try and be as clear as possible.

So my husband has full legal (exclusive decision making for education, medical and geographic), and they share 50/50 visitation. EOW, switching Mondays after school.

So the last day of school before break DH got a call from school, saying BM was trying to take SD8 out of school early. Which was weird since he just talked to BM and she said she was picking up SD at the car line (6pm thanksgiving visitation started for DH). He agreed to her taking her out early (it was less than an hour)

So BM was pissed, mainly she for some reason had no idea that DH had to approve this based on the CO and the schools own policy (it would be the same if I picked her up early)

So Thanksgiving break was hard, SD8 had a bad week, she got in trouble a couple of times, she was bored, she also is having some (what I think is hormonal) emotional issues, she gets sad super easy and then mad a second later. So DH called BM saturday and asked if she wanted SD8 early based on the bad week. They ended up in a huge fight (I wasn't on the phone so I have no clue what happened), but in the end he texted and said SD8 would stay with us until custody changed.

So Sunday at 6pm comes and BM shows up, she wants SD8. Only issue is when the Holiday visitation is up, it is still DH's visitation week. Custody would switch to BM the next day.

So BM calls the cops, waits 2 hours in front of our house for the cops (who don't come) and then storms off.

So yesterday DH got a text from BM, asking for his email. He say sure but why. She said she is visiting the court ordered counselor they used when the court took SD away from BM based on CPS reports, over 2 years ago.

I have no clue what is going on, the sad part is for the last 7 months everything has been fine, to the point SD8 was in soccer and everyone got along just fine.

There of course are other circumstances (BM's baby daddy is getting out of prison today, DH's crazy Mom is back in BM's life, MIL is not in our lives at all), but I just have no clue, this is stressing out DH and me.

I am not sure what to do to support him on this...any words of wisdom?

Thumper's picture

You cant support him. This is his deal and BM's deal.

Couple things I can say is WHEN an incarcerate is released from the clinker they NEED to have someone who is willing to offer a address for residency AND who is willing financially support them during probation. Assuming the boyfriend wooed her enough to take him back in. Why was lover boy in jail?

The best sound advise from many years ago on this site by ORANGECOUNTY a favorite male poster (sure hope he is ok) was

..."always follow the court order. Never ask for changes and do not give changes".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF dh doesn't like the wording or BM wants special consideration now that lover boy is coming back SHE can file for modification to reflect the same.