You are here

Terms of Endearment....

MamaFox's picture

Whatcha call your SO ladies and gents?

I was reading and saw Rags call his lady Bride again and it just tickles me to read that...it's SOOO SWEEET!!!!!

So what are your nicknames for the SO and why?

Staring with mine...

I call him Papa bear, honey bear or Papa Fox/Hunter....no we arent like..weirdo furry people or anything. One of our first dates we rode the motorcycle around town and then went home and watched A Knight's Tale. So...the whole Mama/Papa thing came from motorcycle culture and the Fox/Hunter thing came from A Knight's Tale.

He calls me Mama Or Foxy Mama/Lady for the reasons stated above.

Sometimes I call him shithead/heel or even "Guy That I Sleep With On Occassion" when he irritates me. Mostly because it makes me laugh. A Lot. When I irritate him he calls me "Woman" or "Mistress" as in "Woman! Bring me my clean socks!!" or "Oh yes Mistress, Right away Mistress!"

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

We call each other Hunny Bunny. It's kind of a joke, from Pulp Fiction, the couple in the diner. "Stay cool, Hunny Bunny...."

Tuff Noogies's picture

"my dear" most often. sometimes 'hun'. in lovey dovey texts, i call him "my wonderful husband" and he'll call me "my beautiful wife". (i know, i know.... but we both like it)

fortunately neither one of us use any names when we're upset with eachother.

MamaFox's picture

I've found at least with us, if I call him something absolutely silly when I'm irritated, then I make myself laugh, and when I do I remember how much more fun it is to laugh than fight. It's sort of a....mental form of positive reinforcement for myself, as I have anxiety disorders that ....I go in a loop when I'm mad? Think of the same things over and over and over ad nasum, so an interruption to that line of thinking really helps me.

At least it's a way of coping without taking meds.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

When we were dating, it was papa bear and baby bear (gag me now... it seemed so cute at the time.)

Now it's: Honey, sweetheart, beautiful, baby doll, babe, man-wife, she-husband...

HeavenOnlyKnows's picture

He calls me Nena which is Spanish for "girl", and I call him Papi which is Spanish for "Daddy." He is only 6.5 years older than me but he is VERY protective of me. I call him Papi because he flat out asked me to when we first became official lol, I think it makes him feel macho to hear me say that, but it's also very indicative of how he tries to guide me and make sure I am well taken care of. I love when he calls me Nena because it makes me feel small and safe.

Papi is actually a very popular and well-accepted term of endearment for a woman to call her lover, even during intimacy, in Hispanic culture (I am 1/4 Puerto Rican and he is full Puerto Rican). Neither of us speak Spanish fluently so when I call him "Papi" it doesn't translate in my head like I am literally calling him "Daddy." To me it's just a word to express my deference to him.

There was one time after I had an argument with my father and I cried to my Papi about how hurt I was over what my father said. He replied with something along the lines of, "It's okay Nena, I am your daddy now." That totally grossed me out and I told him so, but I'm okay with the word "Papi" because it's something I would never call my own father, so in my mind it's not crossing any weird incest lines.

SMof2Girls's picture

Your original explanation doesn't make it seem less creepy. Like I said, to each their own.

I'm glad I'm not the only "creepy" person around her who calls her mate Papi Smile

wth was I thinking's picture

I can't call mine papi, the skids call him that. He wants me to, but, no. Gag. :sick:

queenofthedamned's picture

I call him Sexy, Hottie, Lover, Honey.

He calls me My Love, Babe, Sweetheart.

Kind of O/T but he once asked me to call him "daddy" during sex. I said I would but only if he called me "mommy". He was thoroughly creeped out by the thought and has never asked again! Lol!

SMof2Girls's picture

LOL it's odd right? I would be thoroughly disturbed if my husband asked me to call him Daddy, or any variation of it. Especially during sex.

We have similar pet names as you .. they kinda change on the daily though; we're not loyal to any one particular term Smile

misSTEP's picture

We both call the other "baby". I also call him "sexy man." He sometimes calls me his "brainy wife."

I did have a friend who was a little abnormal once. She used to yell DADDY in bed sometimes just to freak out the guy she was with. Then again, she was also into the choking during sex. To each their own.

Dizzy's picture

He put me in his phone as "Sexxxy [real name]" when we first met. I call him "sexxxy man". And we both do the baby, honey, sweetie, babe...I have another name I call him, but it's too specific for me to feel comfortable sharing.

luchay's picture

He calls me "Sexy", "honey" "beautiful" "gorgeous"

I call him sexy and honey, also a pet name which is a derivative of his first name - dates back to when we were teenagers and everyone used to call him this - it's kinda funny.

Amber Miller's picture

I call my DH " my little man"
And I call him "baybee"-- that's how I spell it in text
He calls me "baybee"

lilym's picture

so many terms of endearment, most too silly/embarrassing to recount here! most often we call each other "Love". in fact I'm pretty sure he calls me Love more than he calls me by my name!

memyselfandi's picture

We don't have one of those lovey dovey relationships anymore..it's been 5 years now since we've been together..LOL!!

Once in awhile we'll call each other "honey" but most of the time it's more a fun banter back and forth kind of relationship with us.