You are here

Tell me about your Mother's Day.

sammmx's picture

Mine sucked. Boyfriend left me to help the kids make cards for BM. Seriously? Then he wanted her to come visit them at our house for the day ... Uh ... Thankfully she declined. But still, no recognition for me at all. Not that I'm surprised - but it still hurts.

How was yours? What did you do?

sammmx's picture

Yup ... She's not allowed unsupervised visits so he thought it would be cool if she came here. Uh no! Then stupid BM had her 8yr old son message me on Facebook begging ME to let him see his brother... Wtf?!?! It's not up to me, nor is it my fault his mom is a retarded drug addict. I was so livid I had to go for a walk, I hate being dragged in like that. Turns out she's going to visit him at her Mom's and I sure as HELL will not be here when they come pick him up or else I might lay her on her fucking ass ugh I'm so mad. This day just keeps gettin better and better... Oy.

Lalena75's picture

My SO took me to breakfast and some shopping yesterday (my favorite breakfast place is always packed on Sun and worse on Mother's day), my dd woke me with a card and cup of coffee, my ds did the dishes with the least amount of excuses and stalling, and my SO's kids both wished me happy MD and gave me hugs. If I can NOT have to listen to yelling, back talk and whining I'll be Happy.

Kes's picture

I find it hard to credit that your BF had the insensitivity to suggest such a ridiculous thing. I'm not surprised you were hurt. Mothers day in the UK was in March. I got nice stuff from my adult bios, but nothing, as usual from my SDs. Not surprising -they didn't give NPD BM anything either - LOL! Smile

luchay's picture

Surprisingly, I had a great day!!

Had both skids here as well as my of my 4 DD's. Spoke to DD22 on Saturday evening, spoke to my own mum on Saturday evening.

Got up yesterday, my 2 DD's 6 & 9 and SD11 came into the bedroom with presents, cleaned the dining room table, made me breakfast (not in bed as I have a rule about the bed being just for SO and I - I need "us" space) Then we all got cleaned up and went to the movies (excpet DD19) wandered the shops for a bit, came home and all made lunch together, sat around for the afternoon enjoying each others company.

Peaceful and stress free.

momoftwinz's picture

Mother's Day for me is about my own kids, I didn't expect or want anything from SD. Only issue with any holiday is the inlaws were over and all they could talk about with DH was what BM is doing. I don't think it's ever occurred to them that on Mother's Day I'm not interested in a day long discussion of BM's plans and where SD is going to school next year.

sixteensmom's picture

Brunch w my kids and their fiances and dh. Got new jammies a bracelet and flower pots planted! Didn't hear a peep from skids but didn't expect to.

It's all good. I don't care to ever hear from them again.

Auberry2's picture

Awful, the entire weekend was awful. FDH started PMSing the minute BM picked up SS5 and stayed that way all weekend. He took me to dinner Friday and spent the entire dinner complaining about how unfair it was that we were eating out while SS5 was with BM.

Saturday if I said something about my son it started a 20 minute speech about SS5 and how great he is and how unfair it was that I didn't say how great SS5 was when I said something about my bioson. Then BM called to scream at FDH about what a horrible child SS5 is and how FDH needs to come get him because she is stressed and doesn't want to deal with SS5 anymore this weekend and things really went downhill for the day.

I spent Mother's Day morning alone because FDH couldn't take it anymore and gave in to BM and drove the 45 minutes to BM's house and picked up SS5 at 8:00a.m because SS5 is throwing a fit to go home and BM wants to have a nice Mother's Day and rest, not deal with the child that she and FDH have created.

I ended up spending the rest of my Sunday at home playing checkers with my bioson (too fun, he let me win because it was Mother's Day, LOL) while FDH went to church and such with SS5. I was so angry with him that I even refused to attend the lunch we had planned to have with family. I was like, "I'm sorry you had a baby with Ms. Lazy McCrazypants, but that really isn't my problem, so stop having attitude with me just because your spoiled, entitled baby mamma is having attitude with you over having to spend time with y'alls spoiled, entitled son"

cpreston's picture

I actually had a lovely day
SS27 (who lives at home) worked ALL DAY
He did leave me some grocery store flowers (thought that counts, right?) and a card from my grandson

His G/F21 (who also lives with us) left early and didn’t come back ALL DAY

My mom came over and me, her, my DD13 and hubby I prepared a nice brunch on the deck, complete with mimosas and bagels w/ lox & cream cheese and little pastries and fresh fruit. For Mother’s day, I bought my mom a bunch of herbs to plant in her little garden, she loves fresh herbs!

My daughter (13) got me a card, but also wrote me a letter for mother’s day (it was the best present EVER)

Hubby cleaned up, my mom left, I took my kid to the mall to hang out a bit and pick up sneakers that we ordered…

We came home and Hubby already reset the table outside, and was getting dinner ready

For dinner the three of us had filet mignon, little lobster tails and a salad of tomatoes w/ mozzarella and fresh basil. I had my favorite wine (Duckhorn Merlot) and then for dessert, we had chocolate dipped strawberries and the mister made me a chocolate martini

Hubby and DD cleaned up everything!

Don’t even know what time SS came home, (it was after we went to bed) and the G/F came home sometime around 9-ish, w/ baby sleeping, so she took him upstairs to bed.

My Kid took her shower and went to bed without being told to do so! (woo hoo!)
We watched our favorite shows on TV and went to bed!

Oh and my mother’s day gift from the mister a trip to Atlantic City next weekend to see a concert and we’re spending the night & having dinner at our favorite restaurant (Dock’s Oyster House)

It was a great day!