You are here

Teens driving?

StepLady's picture

Oldest SS got his license. Happy news, he is a good boy, good student, never in trouble, kind of shy, has a nice bff that is a girl and does sports. He got his license and a used car from his dad for all his hard work. DH is thrilled with him.

BM2 found out about all this through skids I guess. She is sending emails demanding he never ever ever drive her kids anywhere. We have ignored her so far but she keeps pressing to put it in writing. DH says "who the f is she to demand anything?" Ignore. Can she make any demands? If we ignored her and let ss drive her kids what could she do? To be honest we have never thought about it at all as older skids usually leave when BM2 skids come over, they are a pain and so is she! But does DH have to even answer her crap? If we sent SS to run errands let skids go what could be done? Thank you.

Glassslipper's picture

BS just started driving too, and we let him drive skids, there is NOTHING your BM can do about it.
Not a thing.
In my state kids are only allowed to drive with 1 non related person in the car, and in our state, skids count as related to the driver.

Stepped in what momma's picture

If they live in the same household then they would probably be considered related by marriage.

fakemommy's picture

They all share the same dad, so legally, they are related (half sibs). BM doesn't get to decide what happens in dad's house, especially between blood related siblings. If she wanted a say, she should have stayed married to him. She could take it to court, but she would probably lose since they ARE siblings legally.

justanothergurlNJ's picture

Those laws are common on most states with new drivers. So besides the fact that she ignorant and doesn't know the laws she is just trying to break balls! I say check the laws in your state to cover your ass and IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE BM!

StepLady's picture

My DH is up to date on all laws, he attended parent's meeting with Driver's Ed. We were just curious what she could/would accomplish by being a bitch, and as usual it is nothing! Thank you all! Same as everything else in life we will do the right things and count on her to place stupid petty demands on everything! Yuck! DH will continue to ignore her emails and she will continue to put crazy emails in his inbox lol! I will share if she says anything truely insane, I am sure she will!

Tuff Noogies's picture

half siblings are still siblings. and when they are under dad's roof, they operate by dad's rules and are allowed what dad allows.

as long as he's following the state's rules, there's nothing bm2 can do. i would just ignore the w#0re.

another point, she's bm2. she got knocked up by him with full knowledge that he already had children, with full knowledge that these half-siblings would be sharing a father. yup, ignore.

Disneyfan's picture

Didn't a poster here vent aboug this before??? If I remember correctly, she didn't want her exSO's teen daughter driving their bio daughter around. Pretty much everyone agreed with her.

hereiam's picture

How old are the siblings?

A new teenage driver carting around young kids is probably not a good idea nor is it in anybody's best interest, including the new teenage driver.