You are here

Tax Returns

Smomof3's picture

Is anyone else sick of their BM getting a huge tax return because they work the system. Our BM is going to school free because she's a low income single mom. She refuses to get a good paying job...as a matter of fact she works part time and gets paid by the goverment to go to school. My SD is on free lunches, books and good stamps. BM is "married", but as it is a same sex marriage both she and her "wife" claim head of house hold, etc. and so on. Together they received $12,000 in tax returns. That means that with each of them making $25-30K per year, getting paid to go to school, getting food stamps, child support, etc. They have a combined income of $50k+ an additional $18K in tax return and untaxed child support. I don't even know how much she gets for going to school. I'm sorry but I get taxed to death.

All I know is they are blowing money like it's water and then I have to explain to the SS who lives with us that we pay taxes and don't get any back. She bought him some clothes online, which I appreciate, but she bought things that are not school appropriate. He's growing by leaps and bounds, why would she buy him things to wear on the weekend only. Also, I won't let him wear them in public, they're too trashy.

I know this is rambling, but we make over $90K and can't go on a cruise, can't spend hundreds of dollars on clothes for the kids, etc. I know she'll be broke in a month or two, but damn.

tryingmom's picture

Yes, sick of it!

DH pays CS, all of the extra that BM doesn't pay b/c she is broke all the time, BM works a very part time job, lives with a man so he pays the bills, put the skids on Medicaid and receives food stamps. She must have gotten her tax return recently b/c the boys came over with a story about her getting two new tattoos. Must be nice, why not buy your kids some decent clothes, or a hair cut, or stock up on food??? Oh, thats right, she deserves the tattoos cuz she works so hard. SMDH!

Disneyfan's picture

How do you know so much about their returns?

One of DF's BMs is a pro at working the system. The other works her butt off at work and in college. I get along great with the hard working mom and can't stand the other.

Smomof3's picture

Its party time every year when she gets her return and she tells the kids how much.

Smomof3's picture

Its party time every year when she gets her return and she tells the kids how much.

Smomof3's picture

misSTEP's picture

How can there be TWO head of households in ONE house? That sounds like there has to be a law against it somehow, somewhere....

christinen's picture

My SD’s BM is the same way. Throughout the year, she either doesn’t work at all or she works just the bare minimum so that she can file taxes and claim Earned Income Credit for her 3 kids (only 1 is DH’s) but not lose her state “assistance.” This woman gets free food (she gets the full monthly amount for SD even though she has her less than half the time), subsidized housing and utilities, free college (she doesn’t go, but she could if she weren’t so lazy), free daycare EVEN WHEN SHE ISN’T WORKING, and hundreds of dollars in CASH every month. With being a “single mom” of 3 kids by 3 different men, I know she has to be getting at least $6,000.00 in tax return. She gets over $300 a month in food stamps JUST FOR SD and we have her 50% of the time. On her weeks, she doesn’t even have her- she pushes her off on her mom or DH’s mom or whoever will take her. Then on top of that, when she does have her, she feeds her McDonald’s chicken nuggets every day so she’s not even spending that money to feed her healthy meals- she sells her food stamps for cash. She gets cash assistance yet SD comes to our house with holes in her shoes and clothes that are 2 sizes too small. Who knows what she spends that money on but I can tell you it’s not being spent on SD. The whole system really is nauseating.

Orange County Ca's picture

Lets blame a system that allows people to expect the government to support them.

Presently at 49% of U.S. citizens getting something from the government the scales will soon tip to where most people are receiving and few are giving and then the system collapses.

FYI getting something is defined as actually receiving a check such as social security recipients to having a reduction in tax owed such as a house mortgage deduction.

Everybody has their favorite gimmy.

TASHA1983's picture

I know it's awful! My BF's XW has 5 kids from 4 different men and she is currently/technically a single mother. I would probably pass out if I knew how much her lazy, entitled, gold digging ass got back for tax returns.

I can't believe that these "women" put in so little if anything INTO the system but yet get sooo much back!!!??? BLOWS MY MIND how fucked up our Govt is. Let's give to the lazy, entitled, fuck up, leeches, and fuck the hard working, decent members of our society who actually put into the system...that makes PPREFECT sense... :sick:

I am a single mother, I work 40 hours a week and make a little over 30k a year before taxes are taken out (which are alot IMHO). I get $400 a month from my X for CS for our son. I REALLY can't complain I do get a great tax return back every year BUT the difference between me and the majority of these scumbags is that I actually WORK hard and pay into the system....I don't bleed it and expect it to take care of me and my child. Those are the people who deserve NOTHING back from our Govt!!!

Smomof3's picture

I'm sick of the whole mess. My SD goes without acne medication because BM is to lazy to pick it up at the pharmacy. And SS comes home and says BM is taking them on a cruise next spring? WTF. If she can afford a cruise she can pay for her own schooling. I'd love to go back to school, I can't afford it.

They also get groceries from several food pantries. The foodstamps they get they sell 2 for 1.

Step-Volgirl's picture

And BM tells SD that "Daddy makes $100 a day. I don't even make that in a week." Um...well, maybe if you'd work 40 hrs a week and stay with a job for more than 6 months!! DH has been with the same company for almost 3 years and I've been full time in my current job for over 6! Our income reflects that!! Plus, that "$100 a day" doesn't count the 1 thousand you she gets monthly in CS or food stamps or the aide for being in school! And by "being in school" one online class classifies her as "student".

Smomof3's picture

The whole system is sickening. Our BM is profiting off of being an irresponsible person and we pentalized. We pay more in taxes that she received in her return, yet we didn't get anything back, we broke even. We work to provide funding for the social programs she uses. How do you explain this to kids?

My SD and SS when they were a bit younger actually told us that we had to pay BM CS even if they didn't live there because she needed it to live, she didn't have good jobs like us. WTF? Who tells their kids that shit? I mean really. I went off like a roman candle. I told them that BM could have a good job if she stayed off drugs. She used to have a CLD and drive a truck, which paid damn good money. I also told them that she turned down a job as assistnt manager because she'd have to work too much, which was BS...she turned it down because it put her over the limit for food stamps, free lunches, and earned income credit.

What is our government thinking? If you can work a job making poverty level and get a huge lump sum of money annually, why would you get a job making $10K more a year?