You are here

Taking the kids again

ladybug1974's picture

HI so we strated taking the kids again 2 weeks ago for our every other weekend. We had to start taking them as his ex called and said that the 15 year was giving up and the 8 year is VERY confused. So agaist my better judgement we started taking them as my partner missed his kids. He did meet up up with them in a park every other weekend and brought them lunch and stuff but just have not had them at our place due to COVID. They have 2 other kids at there mums house and it was to much and too many people in that house, and scholls full time and daycare i was scared to get sick. 

So there back and like clock work on monday after noon i got a cold, didnt have one sniffle in 3 months while they were not over, I asked him to make sure to wash the towels ( hand towels ) and santizer the place a bit more and have them wash there hands more, nothing was done.. He said sorry i just have not had them here in 3 months. That to me is no exuse. PLus the little one hes 8 just layed on the couch preety much all weekend watching cartoons instead of going to there romm ( there is a 50inch flat screen in there too )  i really had no where to get away and i will; not sit in my room all day and night. If his kids are going to be around he needs to make sure to try and keep me healthy at least. So there back and this sucks..I had a blood test set too and my partner new this as i have very high white cells so i was going to do a test to see whats going on,,, and i had to cancel due to a cold. He knew it was important and he still didnt take extra care on the last visit. 

tog redux's picture

Hi - can you remind me? Do you have some kind of illness that makes COVID or other illnesses dangerous for you?

ladybug1974's picture

There not to sure whats going on my cells are through the roof, could be just because i have,, i have a auto immune desise ulservative colitis ,, i get sick super easy that has just been for a bout 4 years now, before i got this i was NEVER sick 

bananaseedo's picture

I'd bet money on the elevated white cells are due to the colitis, since it's inflammatory in nature, I say this because I have struggled with these myself.   Do you have any other health conditions or unusual blood test results?  Also, are you a smoker? Smoking can keep your wbc high.  Personally wbc elevated alone if you are overall healthy shouldn't put you in the high risk category..  This is going to continue for some time, the courts have spoken and said that Covid is not enough reason to change custody arrangements and the harm that can occur to the kids is not worth being separated from the other parent.  If he hasn't seen his kids in 3 MONTHS, I would cut him some slack and let him enjoy his kids.  Just follow around with a bottle of lysol and YES I'd keep to my room a couple days if I had to.  

Things are starting to turn around now, cases are going down slowly and more vaccines rolling out.  Are you eligible for the vaccine yet in your area?  I finally am but there's no vaccines available.  It's MORE then time for the father/kids to be re-united and start resuming visitation IMO.  

Edit to add:  See a hematologist, don't waste time with a primary IMO.  You need to have everything checked blood wise first. 

Rags's picture

I am group 1B, usually my DW is ranked with me regarding vaccine status.  Those who share a household with high risk people usually go to the spot that the hight risk individual is at.

I received my first Covid vaccine in mid Feb.  I received the second vaccine on March 8.  My DW just received the first vaccine on March 18.  My parents, both in their late 70s just got their first vaccine on March 17.

Interestingly different parts of the country have different challenges in managing the vaccine.  My area had next to ZERO information on how to make it happen while there were all kinds of ads an PSAs on "go get your vaccine!"  I ended up registering with two pharmacy chains, the County (that was a true nightmare), and stayed in contact with my PCP physicians group.  That is where I ended up getting the vaccine. It was an infuriating process.  I would contact my PCP's office and would be told.... all of our patients are on the vaccine schedule and will be contacted as their date approaches.  Then..... "Don't call us, we will call  you."  No other information was available or provided, no updates, no idea when your date was, nada.

Then I get a text message and a couple of emails with my dad, a selection of half hour time slots, and electronic questionaires to fill out.  From that point it was well managed.  The lack of information was pathetic IMHO.

I have never heard from the County or either of the Pharmacy chains I registered with.  

I was surprised at how late I was contacted considering my autoimmune disease related 1B classification.

I think that DW and I have avoided exposure due to remaining primarily isolated from the general public, mask usage, and santiizer usage.  We did do some traveling (road trips) and spent a couple of weeks with my parents on RV trips a couple of times and had one visit to their home.  They have been fairly diligent at isolating, etc... themselves.