You are here

Summer School

Sunlover92's picture

DH just told me the Guidance counselor is going to request SS go to "summer school" since he's refusing to do any school work. Well I sure and hell don't want to be around for that mess. I want to plan some vacation time but can't ask DH when summer school is so I can get out. DH may not even know yet. 

Any ways can ANYONE tell me anything about school school For middle schoolers??? Meaning Approximately when does it start? How many weeks Typically does it run till? How many hours do the kids Typically go for??

notarelative's picture

(Due to Covid) School districts are planning summer classes differently this year than in years past. So one cannot rely on what districts did in the past. But, the dates should be known at this point. 

You could call the school office and ask what the dates are. 

Cookieboom's picture

My kids did that in middle school.  It was from like July to August.  The hour were like 8:30 to 1:00, they did school work and outdoor activities.  All districts are different, but that's how ours was run.  If SS is on an iep it should be added and you will know the whole itinerary.  Good luck!

ndc's picture

You might be able to find it on the school website.  I know summer school dates/hours for our district are listed there.

Sunlover92's picture

Nothing is listed yet. From digging around on the internet it seems most summer schools run the second week in July to the first week in August but can't find how many hours a day the kids go for and how many days a week

ESMOD's picture

It may be different this year because so many kids are probably going to be in the same boat of needing to do the catchup work.  I could even see a school doing multiple sessions so that they can accomodate more kids.

Cookieboom's picture

Ours just got listed: Monday-Friday 8:30-12:30 July 6-August 6 

WwCorgi7's picture

Not sure where you live but our school district's summer school schedule for middle school runs the last week of June through the first week of August and it's M-F 8:30-2:30.