You are here

summer rules

blended7's picture

Dh made a point system for the summer. You must pick a chore/chores daily to equal 15 points. OK, nothing else works, I'll back him on this.
So biokids are doing great on this system. Yesterday I go to do laundry & the dryer is full of sd11's stuff. I ask dh if he's going to count it.
Well the list says you must wash/dry clothes. Smdh he let her off because it doesn't say put away. All older kids are only responsible for their own laundry, every other kid puts their stuff away. Butshe didn't know.
Maybe if she didn't onlyvwear dirty clothes shed know this!
Last night she finally showers ( once a week at this point) as dh also implented simple life rules that would count as points.
She puts back on 2 week old clothes she's been sleeping and living in.
So as not to single out the poor baby I had to tell ALL the kids that wearing dirty clothes after bathing does not equal clean.

blended7's picture

We've talked about the fairness of it all. He says if he doesn't see it how is he supposed to know its happening. Copout for sure, he should probably listen to the person who's home with them all day.
With this system though he is not going to be able to deny the nastiness. Its all documented they are responsible for writing down chores & I am keeping track of which days they shower.
He should find out real quick how bad it is & if he doesn't, and she continues, middle school is going to be very cruel to her.

blended7's picture

We don't go anywhere, but I already don't take her out. I require the kids to be clean & dressed in clean clothes. I have a sensitivity to smells & she tries to cover it all with body spray, to be in a car with her is instant migraine.

moeilijk's picture

*ahem* This won't work.

Why not have a standard that is expected (age appropriate - REAL age appropriate, not princess age) and a plus AND minus system?

Like: Expected is a shower every (other) day, bedtime by xyz, downstairs dressed and having breakfast by xyz time, etc etc etc.

Failure in any area is a demerit. More than 2 demerits is a loss of electronics for the next 24 hours.

Plus points are doing chores, helping each other, etc etc.

Of course, sounds like your DH wouldn't enforce demerits for his kid.

ETA: Sorry, should have been more clear. It won't work because of the stupid life skills for points, because DH is making up excuses already, and because you are allowing SD's idiocy affect your kids. Don't give in next time to giving your own kids the idea you think for one second they'd be such fools as to put on dirty clothes after a shower. Of course they wouldn't, they don't have an enabler instead of a parent.

blended7's picture

You're right, I shouldn't be dragging my kids into it, but to single her out makes me a bitch SM who hates this one poor little child.

simifan's picture

Take a picture of her n send it too him everyday. Eventually I think he would notice she was in the same clothes all the time.

MamaFox's picture

Does your name come from Simikay? After Ashceron's charonte from the Dark Hunter series?