You are here

this summer is panning out to be pretty nice!!!!

Someoneelse's picture

So far every weekend has been so busy that SD isn't hardly showing up.

This past weekend was college orientation for my DD17, DH took us because I don't drive that far.

This coming weekend is the 2nd weeked and not DH's weekend

The following weekend will be the 3rd, but we will be on a cruise with DD17 and 18 for their graduation

The weekend AFTER will be the 4th weekend, not DH's weekend.

The weekend after that will be the month of SD, but I will only have to put up with her for 3 weeks, as the LAST week that she's here will be DH and HER cruise.

Then the week after that DH is taking DD17 on a cruise, and SD wont be there for the 1st weekend of august.

2nd weekend of august we don't get her

3rd weekend of august I think is when we will take DD17 up to college (unless I am mistaken about that date)

4th weekend again not DH's weekend....

Then school starts back up!!!! and this is going to be SD's senior year, so she might be INCREDIBLY busy all year long! (lets hope)

All I am saying is that this summer seems to be pretty easy!!! *knock on wood*

SeeYouNever's picture

Damn your DH goes on a lot of cruises. I hope those 3 SD weeks go quick for you. 

Is so nice to have a plan, I wish we had the same system instead of everything being decided last minute. 

Someoneelse's picture

DH gambles on cruises, and got a few free cruise offers, so he is taking them, he's hoping that he gets more free cruise offers.

Cover1W's picture

Summers like this are good. I'm hoping for something similar! No cruises but lots going on. I think YSD will be here for over a week once school is out but no idea what the plan is because no one tells me, no one uses the calendar and DH doesn't work with YSD on it, let alone BM. And then he wonders why she won't be here...gee, did you DO anything to plan????

Someoneelse's picture

lol this is the first time our summer is going to be like this... usually we all go on ONE trip in the summer, and it's to a cabin/farm to get away from technology, get some family time in, and appreciate what we DO have at home.

This summer, DH wants to make sure that SD goes on a trip with him (so that's why hes going with her), He promised each child that they get to go on a cruise just him and them (like he used to with his dad) before they go away to college, so he's going with the college bound child. and then I BETTER be able to go on vacay! so he's taking me and my kids on a cuise.... so it IS a WHOLE LOT. I think by end of summer, he's going to be TIRED of cruises....

but yea, if DH didn't plan a trip with SD, I am SURE that he wouldn't see her (just like it was last summer when she threw a tantrum because we didn't believe her obvious lies, then she didn't come back for 6 months)