You are here

stop telling me

momof4plus2's picture

For some reason SS13 has starting talking to me a lot about BM. its driving me nuts. Things like is it bad that she never goes to the Dr.(she is pregnant), telling me how her who family this she has gone crazy, she is drinking again, she got evicted. I don't believe in badmouthing the other parent so I just bite my tongue and say well that's not good...or I hope she is okay. But I really don't want to hear about it and I'm kind of wondering why he is suddenly talking to me so much about his mother. I want to say your BM is worthless piece who needs to grow up and take care of her kids.

hereiam's picture

I kind of like it when SD23 talks about BM, very entertaining.

She's now on her 5th divorce, for example, and her family wonders why when DH and I have been together for 18 years but she cannot keep a man. Wonder what the problem is?

Of course, nothing BM does matters to us anymore but back in the day, SD would give up tidbits that clued us in on some things that were of some importance. Ya just never know.

I know it bothers a lot of people but I just never cared when my SD talked about BM. We never bad mouthed her and we never asked questions.

alittlepinot's picture

My older skids talk about their BM (BM1) but she and I get along but they usually trash talk her but I know they trash talk us to BM and their step father. It's not something I condone but I think it's a "normal" part of split families. I never say anything to them about it. They frequently ask me if I like their mom (and for the most part I do, we aren't BFF's or anything like that but we function well together when we are in situations that requre that. Something that BM2 and I will NEVER be able to do).

I usually just stay neutral but I NEVER say anything negative because while they don't act as mini spies I know they will tell her what I say.

momof4plus2's picture

I am always on my toes SS has in the past played both sides of the fence with DH and BM, as well as grandparents. He has never heard me say anything about his BM. It does make me shake my head a bit at her craziness. Id just prefer she would just go away.....oh well wishful thinking

somedevilishbeauty's picture

SD does this sometimes, but she knows i wont bad mouth her mom ( her dad probably would) but i dont think she does it to get me to say bad things( even though sometimes i really want to) but with all that is going on with her BM i think she just does it to vent. That way she can get it out with out having to hear negative things back to her. Poor kid

Cocoa's picture

he's reaching out to an adult who won't trash his mom. let the child talk. you may learn a thing or two. I wish my ss would talk about his mom, but he'd been forbidden (by his mom).

Dizzy's picture

When my BD7 starts talking to me about my ex's personal life, I tell her that it's not my business and that it isn't appropriate for kids to be sharing adult's personal business with other adults, unless it involves someone hurting her or doing something they shouldn't to her. I don't see anything wrong with telling a skid that. It's the truth. Besides, if your SS is talking to you about BM, who do you think he's talking to BM about??