You are here

Stepwitch and the Ya-Ya SistaHood......

stepwitch's picture

First and foremost, thank you ladies for making our retreat an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed each and everyone one you.

I was very nervous meeting yall, didn't really know what to expect...I met Kathleen and Sita Tara at the Walmart parking lot. (Yall know about Sita & Walmart) At first glance, I started to panic.....what if they don't like me, what if they don't like the cabin, what if they don't like the food I had prepared....All of these crazy things swirled in my little brain. But just the excitement of meeting them won over all my worries and we all embraced. The emotion of nervous was over in a flash......then we went shopping........ GO FIGURE !!

Just before meeting up at walmart, Harley was on the phone with me getting directions from the cabin, bless her heart she had spent her day in Memphis with her family, I'm sure she was tired, but she drove out to the cabin to be with us. After Kathleen, Sita and I finished our shopping headed back to the cabin to meet up with Harley, As I turned into our road, I saw Harley's Truck......Excitement all over again !!!!!

So, we all pulled up to the cabin got out of our vehicles and immediately began to bond. Since it was later in the evening, we had a late dinner, and I was proud to serve my new friends grilled ribeyes, potatoes and onions, angel food cake w/stawberries. The wine was awesome, and the jello shots were good too... I offered all of my guests Tshirst with their logo on it, and they seemed to like them. My heart was just full.

We spent the rest of the evening sipping wine and enjoying each others company. WoW what a day, I was sooo tired, my emotions had just wore me plum out !! I had no idea that the next day would be so special. I mean, I finally got to meet those people who had been such a lifeline for me when I was in crisis and it that was soooooo special to me, how could it get any better.....

The next morning started with what I call a cabin breakfeast..Bacon, Egss, Pancakes... Food was wonderful, then we found ourselves sitting down at the lake in more conversation. We learned more about each other and that was when then healing process began. I found myself in tears, I found myself in laughter, I found myself offering a well needed ear, I think I just found myself !!! I found myself in these wonderful ladies!!!! Hard to believe that we had only met the night before, it seemed that we knew each other always. There was an unspoken sense of total trust and appreciation. We discussed how StepTalk has become a very special place in our heart and how if we had not googled, I HATE MY STEPDAUGHTER, how we would have never met. To this, Dawn...Thank you so much.

That night again, eating.......This time hamburgers....yum yum !! Best damn burgers in the whole world and even better with my new/old found friends. Now we wanted to create something special that we would never forget, and help to add some closure on issues in our lives......hmmm....... We had an unoffical ceremony for therapy purposes only. In real life we cannot change the fact that their is a bm in our lives, so.... we created a pinata that represented our bm's. The creation was made for therapy purposes only, no ill intentions to any one person. The Bon Fire was flaming, the bm head was offered and boy did it burn. BURN BABY BURN !!!!!! Truely, if felt like a release and for me it was a release that she is totally out of my life. The rest of the evening consisted of more conversation, more tears, more laughter, more wine, more jello shots, more bn and more pppd's. (those are drinks for those who don't know). Attempts were made to get online to share our experiences; however, when using edge network for internet services, it is just way to slow.

The next morning, was bittersweet, Harley leaves out very early, she needed to get back to Memphis to meet her family to begin her journey home. She just about slipped out, but I heard her and I hope that I said bye to her, I could have been dreaming though. Again, Cabin breakfeast......Then we start to gather our things and get ready for our parting of ways. This made me sad. But, yes we needed to get back to our families.

This is what I would like to say to my fellow Ya-Ya's.....

I love each and every one of you. All have given me a type of peace within myself that I can't explain.

Harley: for your extra dedication of getting there to spend part of your family vacation with us, wow I am truely honored. You are truely an inspiration to me. Ya-Ya !!

Sita Tara: for offering well spoken advise, your wisedom exceeds you, thank you for your understanding and being compassionate dealing with my teenage indisgressions. You truely do not have a clue how much that meant to me. Ya-Ya !!

Kathleen: Girl, you are one of a kind. I know that it was hard for you to get to the cabin and I know it was a sacrifice..I just don't know what say....You are a beautiful person. It's my understanding that this retreat was to you as it was to me, a time of healing and hope-aren't we lucky girls? Ya-Ya !!

Colorado Girl: Big Girls wear Big Girl Panties, they don't ride Razor Scooters !!!! To you: you are definately a Ya-Ya, if it wasn't for your determination for a camp retreat for us stepmothers, this weekend would have never happened - Missed you! Ya-Ya !!

To finish up................YA - YA !!!!!! Pix will be displayed at Sita's Myspace of our retreat......Leave comments!

sparky's picture

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wish I could have been there.

Sita Tara's picture

But have to get back to the kids!

Wonderful post SW!

I will be traveling the rest of the way home tomorrow, so don't look for a post before Wed (or myspace pics Sad )

Love you SW

And all my new real life Step sistas, Kathleen, SW, and Harley,

YA YA!

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

StepLightly's picture

So glad that the weekend went well...can't wait until another is planned, so that more of us can attend!

stepwitch's picture

There is already talk of not waiting another year.....

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

kathleen's picture

I would go any where with you. We can fly some place that doesn't cost all that much and find a shady hammock, frosty drinks with kinky names and sun bathe our beautiful bodies all day. I'm fully booked August but the rest of the year is free.

So I dare you to plan another one!!!!!

Sita Tara's picture

I'm still thinking about crashing SW's next family BBQ myself Smile

~Sita Tara Mantra

stepwitch's picture

From Illinois on Labor Day Weekend, I'll be there !! Sita, you couldn't crash it, not even if you tried !!

Stepwitch

SerendipitySM's picture

SW - I am so glad you all had such a great time - I so wish I could have been there. I love how you guys had a pinata symbolizing the BM'S -I can only imagine how much pent up emotion came out as you guys whacked that thing around!! Smile

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin

kathleen's picture

I have learned that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
–Henry David Thoreau

kathleen's picture

We all agreed we had something to say about this retreat. We didn't want to contradict each other but we also knew our experiences were unique to each own. So we agreed to post separately if you all are interested. Getting on line tonight and reading Step witch was a pure compliment because she worked so hard to make this happen, was so incredibly gracious and has done nothing but pour the love back on us. Wow. I'll write something, on a separate thread but I want to express my gratitude for step witch, sita, and harley. We as individuals are just a glimpse into the lives of the most beautiful women and men who share their lives, love and support every day on this site. It was a faithful leap on all of our parts to trust that we all were in this for the right reasons. That we weren't serial killers or worse... Stepwitch took a leap of faith as did the rest us and it turned out to be a wonderfully, bonding, experience that may have made for the beginning of some life long friendships.

I'm thrilled to have been included, to have shared, and to have the opportunity to know some of the women how have held me together over the last year or so

Thank you.

Sia's picture

jealous. I wished I would have called in sick!!! I hope there will be another! I am so glad you all had fun and bonded. Smile

bellacita's picture

i wanted so badly to come and im so sad i couldnt. i missed out on a great experience i cant tell, but im thankful y'all got to do it. u deserved it!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

stepwitch's picture

Green is not your color. You were there in spirit, you were included !!

Stepwitch

Colorado Girl's picture

Thank you so much for including me in Spirit. I was there in heart. I promise.

I'm glad to know that the little temper tantrum of a 30 year old was a determining factor for some...if only that same 30 year old wouldn't have bailed at the last moment because a little broken bone... Smile

Thank you for making me an honorary Ya-Ya...I love you girls.

"For every ailment under the sun....There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it." ~ W.W. Bartley

stepwitch's picture

I'm sending you something...... Anticipation......

Luv You !!

Stepwitch

Sita Tara's picture

To do it again ASAP! I am so grateful you and SW called and "bullied" me into finding some way to get there after my MIL initially couldn't watch the kids. Because of you I found a way to get there CG. I believe your faith and jumping on board to buy your ticket, inspired Kathleen to make it there as well. YOU are just as much responsible for us being there as SW is for inviting us.

Thank you thank you thank you!

~Sita Tara Mantra

kathleen's picture

I would never have wanted you to travel with a broken color bone. It was great, but there wasn't enough room for both of us to be recuperating...:) No seriously, you made the right decision and we didn't let your spirit leave us for a moment. We'll do this again, and you'll be there.

Most Evil's picture

You really did it . . you made the pinata!! It sounds so beautiful and you are so lucky to have actually done it . . . maybe next time?? We missed you!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

stepwitch's picture

I always do what I say I'm gonna do. Most Evil, it sure would have been good to have you here, I would have sent you anything you needed, because I told you so.... Anyway, I wouldn't change a thing about our retreat it was very awesome.

Stepwitch

Most Evil's picture

No wonder you guys had such a good time! thank you honey!!!

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

Dawn-Moderator's picture

to hear some positive Step Talk stories/experiences!!!! That's why I made all of the Step Talk retreat posts stick at the top!!

Thanks for sharing!!

I hope that I will be able to make it to the next one.

Dawn

bellacita's picture

we are carpooling from IL/MO, and maybe on the way we'll have to stop and snatch a kitty!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."

Dawn-Moderator's picture

ok...........you're on!!

Dawn

bellacita's picture

i think if we could all get together face to face like they had the pleasure, maybe alot of the negativity and division would subside.

Sita Tara's picture

Here here Bella!

~Sita Tara Mantra

Harleygal's picture

A few of SW's jello shots wouldn't hurt the negative situation at all either. Wink

"OCD sucks"
Habit and routine have an unbelievable power to destroy.
--Henri de Lubac

Dawn-Moderator's picture

I may be in trouble then because I don't drink. That'll just leave more for everybody else, right?

Dawn

bellacita's picture

while i nurse my hangover Wink

Dawn-Moderator's picture

a good plan. I make a really good designated driver!!!

Dawn

bellacita's picture

whens the next retreat girls??!!

stepwitch's picture

Far enough in advance for those who "have to work" and enough time for us to replenish the piggy bank........

Stepwitch

bellacita's picture

but any time after that works for me!

stepwitch's picture

Stepwitch

StepLightly's picture

If anyone is interested in doing a retreat in the Colorado Rockies (20 minutes from Vail/Beaver Creek, about an hour from Steamboat and an hour from Aspen) let me know. We could do it in Steamboat or by Vail!

SerendipitySM's picture

It can't be in Oct - I'm getting married in Nov and can't take off work....lol Wink

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin

Sita Tara's picture

in various parts of the country.

That way most can make one at some point.

I will make as many as I can.

I am planning to meet up with SarahBurnheart in the next few months, as we are only about 5 hours apart and can meet in the middle.

~Sita Tara Mantra

sarahbernheart's picture

we are having a mini ya ya!!
too bad we wont be able to have a pinata!!
I am looking forward to it Sita!!
I am also trying to get with Stepwitch since she has family about an hour away from me!
I am going to have a full retreat a little at a time.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

Sita Tara's picture

That I would come to that one as well! It's longer for me, but could arrange to leave BD 2 with MIL again if necessary.

~Sita Tara Mantra