You are here

Stepdaughter is a selfish witch....sorry, very long

Nightshade's picture

There is a long history of disrespect regarding my stepdaughter. She is 30 yrs old, married and has children. I have blogged about her skipping my mother's funeral because "she was ignored" on the night my mother died, starting a fight with me while my DH(her Dad)was in the hospital after cancer surgery, telling MIL lies to start drama, and just a general disrespect of her father in general. She has a bad attitude towards her mother but Momma takes it because she is afraid she won't see the grandkids if she opens her mouth.

Anyway, we have not seen her or her kids in 7 months. She pulls this shit every so often, always after a party or get together at our house. She gets pissed if she and her kids are not the center of attention and with 50 or so people, there is no center of attention!!!

She invited us to spend Christmas at her house with her mother,mother's parents and mother's sister. First of all, ever since she has known me, I have had Xmas dinner at my house. My (grown)kids spend Xmas Eve with their Dad's family and Xmas day with me and mine. Plus DH did not want to spend Xmas day with the ex and ex in-laws, they are nice and all but it's a bit weird and we always have it at our house. Also, my dad is in his 90's, and can't really travel well over an hour and a half each way to her house.....and he wasn't invited anyway. He lives with us.

We tell her thanks but are staying home and to let us know when is a good time to get together. She says she'll let us know. FF to middle of January and we get a facebook message saying next WEEKEND is good, want to come up. DH calls and gets her dh and tells him he is working until 5pm but they are welcome to come down. He says he'll tell her. We hear nothing for 2 weeks and then she facebooks DH again and says are you coming up? He says, I called 2 weeks ago and heard nothing so I made plans. She gets pissed and tells him that he knew they were coming..WHAT????? Then he says that he doesn't go on facebook much so when she wants to talk to him to call on the phone. This starts a tirade of he never calls, she always calls, blah, blah..he says goodnight.

FF to Sunday. They show up and bring Xmas gifts, for my DD she brings 2 bags of M&M's from the checkout aisle and a hershey bar and a travel size hand sanitizer and lotion. I know it's the thought that counts but that was NO thought.Reminds me of the year that she bought my cousin and my friend a large Yankee Candle Jar and I got a dollar tree candle holder, in the box, so we all would know it!!

So whatever, on Sunday we told her that my Dad was in the hospital, not doing well, he is old, has renal failure etc. It took me all this writing to get to this part...she facebooks him AGAIN today...to remiond him not to forget her kids bday party........IN APRIL.....never even asked for my Dad..WTF??? HE always makes sure he comes out to see the kids when they are over, went to all her events when he was well. And this is not the first time she has done this to him, she was invited to his 90th surprise bday party in August, didn't respond for over 2.5 weeks and then facebooked me a half hour before the party to say she had plans..no card, no phone call..nothing..just a "say Happy Bday for us, we have plans" WTF is wrong with this selfish witch???? Sorry it's so long, needed to vent before I blow my top.