You are here

Step Talk is as Effective as Regular Visits to the Psychotherapist

SympatheticBioDad's picture

Net-based psychiatric treatments sometimes beneficial
10/26/2006 12:17:13 PM, by Eric Bangeman

A yet-to-be-published study is making some startling claims about psychological treatment. According to researchers at The Australian National University in Canberra, spending time on therapeutic and educational web sites can be just as effective as regular visits to the psychotherapist.

It's official! According to Australian researchers sites like Step Talk are beneficial to your psychological health! Of course we already knew that didn't we? Smile

So go out and tell your friends, colleagues and therapists about this site. Maybe they can use it to help themselves or others!

Candice's picture

I have spent many moments in my therapists chair...and I think even he sometimes got tired of seeing me! In some people, like myself, we need to hear things over and over before we finally get it. And I can see that getting old for a therapists. They are just like any other professional, they want to find resolution and accomplishment with their patients.

In another point, I feel like I'm giving myself vindication of all the troubles that my dh's psycho ex gf gave us, every time I can share my stories with other users. I feel it is theraputic for me to help others through their struggles, or help them understand the world is not over for them, as it felt so often when we were going through our custody battles. I wish this site exhisted for me 6 years ago.

That is not to say that we should put the professionals out of business however. A good therapists is a God send to our lives, espeically in a blended family situation.