You are here

Step-skids

WitchiePoo's picture

Drunkity drunk BM and her drunkity next door neighbor unloaded the neighbor's kid on us for the weekend. :jawdrop: DH called on his way back here (2 hour trip) saying, "Uh, don't be mad." DH was picking up skids and got coerced by all involved.

We have a VERY small place, and I had a crappy week. Needless to say, I put DH in charge of the whole thing, and I am in self-imposed exile in my bedroom with a laptop and headphones.

So, I'm thinking about getting a Lady Liberty outfit and standing at my front door, inviting all the "huddled masses" of step-skids out there in for a visit.

And I'm pissed that he didn't even pretend to get my input. Especially after the stress of the week. Sad

WitchiePoo's picture

I am getting my hair done in the morning and am going to take my sweet time getting back. It's his show. But what really hurts me is that I told him I was looking forward to some one-on-one time with the skids to try to start building something good as a family - really trying. Out the window. I can hear them amped up and in rotten-kid mode trying to compete for step-skid's attention.

WitchiePoo's picture

The funny thing is usually whatever he has to tell me is pretty benign. I was blind-sided.

WitchiePoo's picture

Yeah, but he psyched me out! I was expecting something about getting the wrong cream for coffee and got a tep-skid for the weekend!

notagain2012's picture

Can he not say no?

I would definitely disappearing for the weekend. Let him deal with his own inability to say no.

Unless of course, that was his intentions.

WitchiePoo's picture

No, he cannot say no in situations like that. Come to find out, he got to the house, and this kid was standing along side skids with his bag packed and excited to go. But who the heck sends their kid off with TOTAL strangers two hours away for the weekend?? Accordng to DH, his mom and SD were there. They shook hands, DH asked about any allergies, etc and off they went. He's actually better behaved than skids. But I've turned it over to DH, and so far my stress level is minimum, and his is climbing. ha ha.

Orange County Ca's picture

Make him take the kids out Sunday morning and not to come back until its time to leave for home.

WitchiePoo's picture

Funny you should say that. DH is right at this moment droppping ALL of them at a relative's house, and we are spending the afternoon together - just us two. Small victories, right?

On a snarky note, I've left everything to him since Friday night, and I don't think he can take it much longer. ha.