You are here

Step kids hard work and a new baby! HELP

GREMLINS's picture

i have a 4yo SS and a 3yo SD who i do love very much but i find them hard work sometimes. They stay with us every weekend friday till monday and my boyfriend is currently going through court to get them week on week off. I don't mind this at all, but what i do mind is that the court will make there final decision in January and my baby is due in february with my SS starting school in March, and my SD only going to kindy half a day i will be expected to do all the school and kindy runs plus look after them after kindy and school till five every evening when my partner finishes work, this on top of being a mum to a new born baby for the very first time when all this goes into place is making me feel very stressed out. I know how much my partner loves his kids, they mean the world to him and if he doesn't get to have the kids week about he will most likely loose them all together because BM wants to move away with them, i know that that would put strain on our relationship because coming from a broken family i know how hard SK can be when they get older and are not closely involved with there dad and SM plus i know how miserable it will make my SO. I don't know what to do, i am so stressed about the baby plus all this extra commitment that will be there at the beginning of next year!!

IronRose's picture

Wow.
I would tell DH if he gets hjis custody, one week on, one week off, he needs to find a nanny to take care of his kids while you deal with your new babe.

Tired of being 2nd's picture

Good answer ..I think the father should do every other weekend and call it a day .. i love your signature ... it is great .. My husband's ex wife had him running an hour away every wednesday for dinner, and then every friday satu and sun .. i said to him when we started dating ... guess wht get your kid on the same schedule as mine or you will be by yourself ever other weekend. also , let lazy ass momm get off her ass and come pick up the daughter ... this lady called everything that went on until i said you wnt a relationship with me then this is how it is .. and mommy wasn't too happy but after 15 years she got over it .. lol only joking but she was mad . she stirred up more shit But i new that my kids were with their dad i surely wasn't taking care of his kid.

IronRose's picture

I worry that the OP's DH is expecting Gremlins to use her "Mommy super powers" and do what "women do best". It really doesn't seem like he's thought this through, whatsoever. And I am just as worried as the OP is.

BDs seem to be really good at letting another woman do all the heavy lifting for him when it comes to his kids. As bad as this is to say, I hope he doesn't get the week off. week on.

YES TOB2nd, EOW is enough for now.

Totally unfair to put this burden on a new 1st time mom.
Gremlins, start looking for a nanny now, and tell your DH exactly what you are willing to do, and what you will not do.

nelly's picture

...expect your feelings towards your ss's to change once your baby arrives...

GREMLINS's picture

Thank you so much! you guys are so supportive, i am definitely worried about resenting his kids because the thought already makes me frustrated! I think i will definitely get him to consider child care or maybe even get him mum to nanny them at least in the beginning, i find it tough being 19 and having all this stress! i dont want to dread ever time the SK come and i want to show we are a good strong family for the sake of all the kids, it is just such a sticky situation!!

IronRose's picture

:jawdrop: You're 19? :jawdrop:

I'm 32 and I'm having anxiety FOR you!!!

Yep, get the plan laid out now, before things spiral out of control.