You are here

SS9 is bedwetter - any advice?

2Shoes's picture

So at four I was concerned a little but now I am concerned alot. He is far too old to be wetting the bed and it is almost every single day. The only thing that has helped is us waking him up in the middle of the night to go potty but if we do not then he is soaked by morning. He just moved into a full bed too, what a mistake. Now there are two loads of pee linens to wash daily since the full comforter is a load in itself. We make him wash the linens and remake the bed. I am at a loss here.

hornet64's picture

Probably need to take him to a doctor just to rule out any medical reasons.

If it will make you feel any better though, my DH says that his oldest kid wet the bed until he was about 9. Is there any new or additional stressors going on at school or at home right now? All these possibilities should be explored.

My SS9 has started peeing his pants all of a sudden. I think it is due to the fact that his mom has a new baby. It's almost as if he has become jealous that his mom doesn't pay as much attention to him anymore so he pees himself just as a baby would.

witsend71's picture

No direct experience but with other types of behaviors...lots of praise when the right thing happens.

ddakan's picture

i have a cousin-in law that was a bed wetter and his child is a bed wetter. i think its something genetic, but do yourself a favor and get the disposable underwears. they make them skinny so they don't show so bad.

making the kid feel terrible about it will just ruin the self esteem. wow, good luck with this, i know it must be exhausting for you.

mom2five's picture

I second the suggestion of taking him to the doctor. I would make an appointment with the pediatrician to rule out any type of medical condition.

2Shoes's picture

Well, the bedwetting has been an every single night thing since forever. Yes, my Bro In-Law (his Uncle) had the same issue until like 12. As far as changes in the house, well we lost our house due to a hurricane, biught a new one, had a baby and I am preggers agin. But the bed wetting had been going on since before all this. The BM does put him in Good Night Dry pants (which SS has told me he hates) and at our house we have two under two in diapers as it is. I think I will talk to his pediatrician and cutt the liquids. I have also had to inform SD11 to keep her mouth shut about her bro's little problem to the kids in the neighborhood (geez). We do not scold him for it, just make him do the laundry. But seriously, we just bought a new bed, linenes, mattress, and furniture for his room so i am eager to save that mattress. May resort to the pull ups to protect my investment.