You are here

ss16 failing 10th grade

justshutup's picture

I won't hold any punches...I have never liked my girlfriends oldest son..lazy ass no count liar...he squeaked out of 9th grade is taking half freshman classes now is getting f's in every subject.. even art. He has no inititive to get license not looking for work just being a lazy pain in my ass. What should I do? I think by summer break he will flunk school no license no job. He's not sitting around my house..I told gf I want him gone don't care where at this point. I literally hate him.

jumanji's picture

To start - is it solely your house, or is it joint?

And you realize - your g/f is at least half the problem, right? Throw her out, too.

Rags's picture

Military School!!

When my SS took his mom and I to our last synapse of tolerance for his lack of school performance and behavioral crap we sent him to military school for his Jr and Sr years of HS.

He learned something from it and from his mom and I continueing to hold him accountable for his crap. He ended up joining the USAF and is doing great.

PM me and I will be happy to give you a few suggestions of reasonably priced Military Boarding Schools including the one we sent out kid too.

Good luck.

floridamomme's picture

I feel very bad for you because you have to be part of this situation. The mother sounds like she just doesn't know how to handle her son. I agree with the other posts, that this boy MUST get a job as soon as he can, otherwise he will end up a good for nothing.

Also, if the son is disrespectful to his mother, he should go to a military school. He will probably learn how to be responsible in that kind of atmosphere.

It's too bad that you "hate" your girlfriend's son. I am sure that he has a few good qualities, like being funny and having a good heart. He probably is a kind person. But it must be very frustrating for you to watch him disrespect your girlfriend.

How do you and your girlfriend get along? Does she have to deal with your children and their personality problems? If you and your girlfriend get along and love each other, then you need to support each other because the kids will grow up and leave eventually. If you don't see yourself marrying this woman, and sticking together through thick or thin, then you should be a man and break up with her now. It is better to be honest then to go through life, lying and leading her on just because you don't want to be alone.

justshutup's picture

I was angry when I wrote this. Let me give you some background. When I met her he was 11. He has always lied, been lazy selfish and well dumb. His younger brother opposite. Popular honor roll a lil ornery but likeable and kind. This older boy is a bad seed. From the time he wakes up he is up to no good, always slopping by in school never has taken initive. Example when I was sixteen I had saved up bought truck put insurance on it paid for it alone and continued to work and pay for my truck and my clothes and myself. Him he is broke. Lazy. Liar. Always a smart ass. And I can't stand him. Kids at school hate him. He's a snitch, a rat and a liar with peers. Steal from peers. Nobody likes him.we have had him counseling, summer school tutoring. He has had every chance. Summers coming and this lazy bitch will look at us without a clue. Get a job license something except dirty up my house and eat up my food. I'm tired of the kid. He's never going to change.