You are here

SS11 got contacts?!

StepKat's picture

DM was wrestling with SS11 and broke his glasses, and then promptly calls DH to tell him he has to buy a new pair (my insurance doesn’t cover frames or lenses). I know he needs glasses to see; therefore I didn’t have a problem with spending the money for a new pair. DM gets to the doctor’s office and promptly calls DH again to tell him SS11 wants contacts. Call me a fuddy-duddy but an 11 year old is not old enough for contacts. Well, he got them anyways.

What’s got my features in a ruffle is that DM broke the glasses so we have to pay for them, and now we are going to have to pay for new contacts every few months because Lord knows she’s not going to!

StepKat's picture

DM always has some kind of crappy job where she can’t afford anything. Of course DH and I will not allow SS11 to go without glasses; the poor kid is practically blind. DM is a manipulator.

step off already's picture

... funny, I just blogged about my 13 year old asking for contacts and he's not responsible enough with wearing his glasses for me to get those for him.

StepKat's picture

I have faith SS11 will take good care of them and be responsible. Still think he's a bit young but that's just me. I'm PO because I know DM will not help out with buying the contacts every few months when its was her decision to let him have contacts.

StepKat's picture

DH and I are planning to :). We have to save up for them though because we had to pay for the doc appointment, the contact fitting and the contacts.

AmIWicked's picture

He won't keep wearing the Contacts. It is A LOT of work. I give it a week. He will go back to glasses.

Toni49's picture

I agree with AmIWicked, boys are lazy when it comes to "personal hygiene" and self-care issues. They have one-day lenses that the kid would just throw away every night. That might be your safest, most hygienic bet.

Alwaysannoyed's picture

Honestly my BS has had contacts since he was 11... We do also have a pair of back up glasses but we've never had an issue.