You are here

SS11 doesn't listen

missmama1234's picture

we have our ss11 full time. he hasnt lived with his bio mom in 5 years. My dh tells me she'll message him whenever ss isnt listening to her and she struggles quite a bit when telling him to do stuff. she babies him.

there are times where i would tell my ss to do something and henwould try to get away by not doingnit and he would even lie to my face thinking that he is smarter than me. he thinks he is sequal to grown ups and thinks he has the right to challenge. he really only listens to his dad.

i know i'm not his bio parent but i still want respect.

i really dont like his attitude and i also dont like that he thinks he can take advantage of me.

i treat him really well and do all the mom stuff for him, so i dont appreciate it at all.
what would you do?

Noidea's picture

Stop doing mom stuff would you be nice to any random kid that disrepected you? It's never to early to teach kids that you get what you give. His dad would have to do anything above and beyond the bare minimum and if he has a problem with that then he will reiterate to his son that his behavior toward you is unacceptable. My nephews son treated his mom the same way she had no control over him due to her piss poor parenting skills and would look to our family to make him behave. Unfortunately he behaved for the most part with us but never respected his mother and at almost 19 still doesn't. She has a 4 year old from another guy and her parenting skills haven't improved the only difference is this child is not related to us so she gets no help from us at all.