You are here

SS coming to stay tonight :-(

Swim_Mom's picture

I have been very spoiled. I have not seen him since Christmas - it has been wonderful. DH goes to take him to dinner Wednesday nights (lives an hour away), and on his "EOWE" they've been just spending an afternoon together.  It was somewhat because he is 14 and wants to do stuff with his friends on weekends, though at first that annoyed me seeing as we bought a (relatively) big new house about a year after getting married, and half of the reason was because SS needed a bedroom (it's not crazy extravagant or anything; it's nice and we enjoy it very much). Well then I got used to him not coming and am happy my real kids like having friends over more often. Anyway I am just posting this to vent a bit and psych myself up to be nice for 5 minutes as I should before I skedaddle out the door. DD19 and I have plans this afternoon, and this evening I will go hang out with one of my best friends and her husband at their house. Any advice on how to just suck it up would be appreciated....he just annoys me so much and this was kind of last minute. I thought he did not like coming here. Unfortunately I'm wrong I guess!

tog redux's picture

Just be civil and distant. "Hi SS," and then move on to whatever you need/want to do around the house.  If he says anything to you, just say, "huh, interesting," or "really?" or "huh, you don't say," or whatever. Detached but civil.