SS

newmommy05's picture

I'm sure this is not unusual but SS is mad that we took away his electronics and is now saying he wants to go live with BM. SS14 tells BM every time we discipline him and she gets mad and says we are bullying him. Its ridiculous. I want to just let him go back and not deal with his nonsense anymore. Btw he only came to live here in August. 

Siemprematahari's picture

He's being manipulative by using the "I want to go back to BM". He's not getting his way, is being disciplined and doesn't like it. Oh well! There are consequences and nobody has time to do the back and forth BS because his feelings are hurt. He has no choice but to deal with it.

hereiam's picture

Why did he come to live with you in the first place? He was mad at BM?

He can't keep going back and forth at his whim.

newmommy05's picture

He came because he got into a lot of trouble at BM's and wanted to "start over". He was expelled at his last school. If he says he was ts to go back BM will definately encourage it because she thinks we over discipline him nd are too strict. She is basically a swishy washy non parent. 

Technically BM still has full custody even though she agreed to the charge of custody back in August. We are in the process of getting the amendment drafted up. 

Siemprematahari's picture

So SS was expelled from school and BM thinkS you and H are too strict.....

Yeah I can see how this will end when he's older if he's not in a consistent stable home.

Survivingstephell's picture

He's 14 and needs a swift kick to that psyche of his.  He can go back but he will never be allowed to live with you again.  Any benefits he gets from your side go away, never to be seen again.  If he wants to go back to BM and "that" life, so be it.

He's just testing the waters to see how much he can get away with.  Call him out bluntly on his game and show him you are not playing at parenting.   

justmakingthebest's picture

Of course he said that! He is a grounded teenager! I am sure I would have pulled that card if I had it when I was 14/15 LOL

Tell him no, he is living there because he got in trouble at BM's. Now he has consequences for his actions. If he doesn't like the consequences then he shouldn't do stupid stuff to get grounded to begin with. 

newmommy05's picture

The only thing is that once BM gets wind of this, she will pull him right back to her by threatening to call CPS on us. We do not co parent in anyway and she is crazy. She will probably renag on the custody amendment

justmakingthebest's picture

Since he started school residency is established. A judge would not likely move him this school year, especially for being grounded. I am sure you have emails or texts outlininn your agreement. BM can throw a fit all she wants wheels are in motion.

Winterglow's picture

So let her call CPS. You have nothing to fear, have you? And CPS hates having their time wasted by unfounded complaints.

amyburemt's picture

should put his foot down and basically tell him "no we aren't playing the back and forth manipulation game. " call him out directly and calmly when he tries to manipulate.

Survivingstephell's picture

Who wanted the "fresh start"?  BM or SS?  You must have a paper trail documenting all the trouble he caused and needed to run from.  

I wouldn't let fear get the best of you.  In fact I might even use this little episode to prove how unstable SS is and needs to be with his father for stability.