You are here

SS’s needly/Clingy Behavior towards BF is driving me crazy...Advice needed

Lori@English01's picture

SS who just turned 12 has always been needy/clingy to BF but it seems to be getting worse. He has to sit next to “daddy” wherever we go movies,dinner, events. He even has to walk next to him and even try’s to cut me off if I try and walk next to BF. This has always been the case. If BF dares to say anything SS gets all pissed off and cry’s Crocodile tears and gets his way. I’m Unfortunately dealing with a guilt ridden Disney dad. I thought as SS got older he would be less up BF’s ass to say but it’s getting worse NOT better. BF plays in a country band. BF Purposely plans the gigs for when he DOES not have SS but Unfortunately once in a blue moon it can’t be helped. On sat evenings SS goes back to BM’s at 9pm. BF had to leave at 8pm tonight to go play in the band and I was to bring the brat home. Well SS had a meltdown more Crocodile tears and stood in the window crying as BF drove away. WTF it was ONLY a hour before he was to leave anyways and BF played with him before he left! SS asks BF to pick him up the minute school gets out and if BF can’t leave work that day BF gets the sad puppy dog look. This kid has gotten so clingy to BF it’s so Annoying and driving me nuts. I feel like a third wheel! BF has 50/50 custody so it’s not like SS does not see BF much. Jesus he has to stop at some point being up BF’s ass right?????

Help Appreciated's picture

My boyfriend has an 11 year old son. He is beyond clingy to my bf. He is so overbearing that he is literally putting himself in between me and my bf-- both physically and emotionally. Yesterday I walked into the living room, and 11 was laying on top of bf across the couch, while he tried to take a nap. He's constantly climbing on top of him, rubbing his back, chest, and head. Talks non stop, so that me and bf can't have a convo ourselves. Keeps repeating I love you every few minutes if we do actually get 5 seconds to start to have a convo. He still calls him "dada" and says it a million times a day. He won't do anything without him, except play video games. If my bf leaves the room, 11 follows. If we step into a different room briefly, he's knocking on the door or calling him. I thought maybe it was separation anxiety, but now I know it's more than that. I don't think it's just that he's jealous. My bf withholds affection for me when 11 is here, because he doesnt want him to get jealous. I let them have their daddy son time and go do stuff without me, but it makes me feel left out whether I don't go...or do go and just basically am a third wheel. We've been together almost 5 years, it's not like this is a new transition for 11. He is just overly attached to his dad, and I feel like he purposely tries to compete for my bf's attention-- ALL the time. No one else sees this as an issue. They just brush it off and say "oh he loves his daddy"-- so if I keep bringing it up it just looks like I am the jealous one. I really don't know what to do at this point. I hate that I resent 11, because I know he's just a kid....but it's really not healthy to allow this behavior and it's really taking a toll on my relationship. Please any advice is appreciated.