You are here

Sports Physicals

SMof2Girls's picture

About a month or two ago when the girls came to live with us for the summer, BM put us through the ringer on trying to get the skids physicals up to date so we could enroll them in a day care local to us. This includes cancelling doctor's appointments, denying access to existing records (she's military so, yes, she can do that), etc. Keep in mind, they were both legitimately out of date on their annual physicals, regardless of any day care registration requirement.

Now she is in TX. The girls are here. They move there on Aug 20 and start school on Aug 27. She emailed DH today "requesting" that he get them sports physicals done so they can participate in rec sports when they get to TX.

The girls are up to date on all medical items (vaccinations, etc), in good health, and have even been to the dentist in the last month. They don't NEED this sports physical for any reason other than participating in sports with BM.

Is it totally shitty if we don't do it? The girls won't be here for the sports, we won't have any access to them while they are in TX, so why should we deal with the requirements? If BM wants to enroll them, shouldn't she be responsible for it?

Thoughts? I say no, but is that just over the top shitty?

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah, insurance and cost isn't the issue at all. It's a matter of DH or I taking off of work to do it. Versus her taking a day off of school to do it once they get to TX. Of course this wasn't an issue to her when we were taking off work to get annual physicals done only to show up at the doctor's office and learn that she had cancelled the appointments.

I just don't see how it becomes our responsibility just because she asks us to do it .. know what I mean? If she wants them to do sports while they are on her custody time, then she should handle getting them registered, including physicals. It'd be different to me if we were local and would have ANY level of involvement of the activity.

I just know she's gonna twist this one bad if we don't oblige

hismineandours's picture

I would let her handle it. Different districts handle things differently and often have specific forms and such. In our district-they dont even mess with insurance-everybody goes to one provider and pays 25.00 cash. She can schedule them appts sometime between the 20th and 27th if this is a priority for her.

SMof2Girls's picture

Agreed. If it's important to her that the kids play sports, she can handle the responsibilities of registration.

doll faced sm's picture

*rofl* So she's in TX in school for the army? You know why she doesn't want to take off of school to get them done, right? Missing any ammt. of school will exempt her from consideration for the Commander's List (aka: Company Distinguished Honor Graduate). A recognition wich typically also carries with it receipt of an Army Achievement Medal and Certificate of Achievement from the Post Commander.

I'd say time to watch the karma bus hit its next victim.

SMof2Girls's picture

She's actually Navy .. she's there for C-School .. I'm not sure what her attendance requirements are, but I do know they are very strict. I hope it's similar to what you say about the Army Wink

She moved her mother down there to help care for the kids, so I'm sure she will figure something out to avoid any karma train hitting her.

But I think we've resolved to not get any additional, supplemental phsyicals done. DH is on board Biggrin