You are here

SPOILED ROTTEN TEENAGE STEP DAUGHTERS LITERALLY MAKE ME SICK

mommy0104's picture

I have been with my husband for 10 years now. Married for 2 of those. We have a blended family, that being his 2 daughters, my son and our son together. Anyways, on to the point. Over the course of the last 10 years, my husband and I have went above and beyond to give his daughters as normal of a life as we could, trying to understand that divorce wasnt easy (at the time they were 4 and 9). But the problem is that their materialistic spoiled brat mother wanted to be the "good parent" so that meant years of expensive clothes, toys, hair appointments, tanning beds, and you name it! So, needless to say, the oldest, now 18 lives with us because my husbands ex took the 15 year old to Florida (we suspect to run away from major debt) yes, her move was legal, so that's not the issue..the problem is that the girls hate us. they only show any sort of affection at all when they get stuff bought for them. i love my husband more than life but i don't wanna be married to someone who won't grow a pair and kick the oldest out and cut ties with the youngest. i never thought i'd ask him to choose because kids are always the most important...but they honestly don't love their dad. they love him when he buys stuff. he pays out the rear in child support but never gets any credit for that. i hate my husbands ex wife and i'm beginning to hate his kids. in the last 3 years, i've dropped weight and my blood pressure is at what my doc calls "stroke level high" and i'm only 31. i either need therapy or a divorce because i cannot function the way i use to and i'm always angry because i hate the sds

Orange County Ca's picture

To recap the problem Daddy puts up with being dissed by his girl unless she's in line to get some goodie and she is 18 years of age.

Have you asked the girl off handedly "So what's your plans for moving after you graduate". Smile }:) It's shocking to confirm that they have no legal right to support thereafter.

What I did with a 18yo step-daughter who would not stop stealing from my wallet was to tell my wife that I could not live under these conditions and when the girl was to graduate that one of us had to leave. I offered to go and live elsewhere until the girl was gone. Literally get my own apartment but not get a divorce. I said I would be back when the girl was gone. Fortunately the kid wanted to leave anyway and did so and never looked back.

I would reverse it somewhat because you've got two boys still underage so tell him that since you will not live with the girl after graduation it makes financial sense for him to get a small two bedroom apartment if he wishes to continue to support and live with her. Make it clear you don't want a divorce at this time you just want to live free of his kid. Tell him if he can't understand and refuses to move then you'll move yourself and return when she's gone.

Do it if necessary. This will shock both of them and maybe force them to realize what they have been doing. In any event you'll have some peace in your life.

mommy0104's picture

I love all the ideas!! I try and try to tell my husband that it's not right that they treat him that way...he doesn't buy them like their mom, but it seems like if we go on a family trip or something that involves him paying, they're happy until we get back home and there's nothing to do..that's the only reason the 15 year old moved with her mom to FL. because, and i quote "there's more to do down there and you guys are no fun" yet everytime i post pictures on facebook of our family functions, she comments that we're not fair for having fun while she's gone..and i'm thinking, bitch please, (pardon my language) we did this stuff before you moved!!!! Youre just mad because ur mom isn't currently buying u stuff...oh and the 18 year old, she's done graduated high school, her ass needs to finish college in Fl...i just found out a few hours ago, that she has been telling her mom that i won't cook meals for 5 days at a time!! I cook almost every single night, and if you saw her fat rear you'd no she's not underfed!!! This girl talks about her mom just as bad, she's a 2 faced little punk!! I'm not being partial because my sons are mine, but they behave way better than my step kids and they're only 11 and 7. It's hard to teach them that life isn't about having material things, when their sisters are always telling my kids everything their mom buys them, which by the way is paid for by my husband who pays a left nut in child support. yes, it's his responsibility and i'm glad he does it, but he don't need to be paying for the oldest..for one she's 18, and for 2, she lives with us!! I grew up literally dirt poor, and got picked on a bullied constantly for that. So, yes, I am bitter and so i do not like materialistic people..i have gone above and beyond what most step parents would, to be a good person and nice and help them adjust to having a blended family, and all i get in return is being badmouthed like i'm a lazy piece of garbage.. Sad