You are here

Split it 3 ways?

sbm014's picture

For soccer my SO paid all of the registration and I helped him pay for gear. Well now he wants to put SS in basketball and we know that BM has more money so SO asked if she would like to pay for half of it...and she asked if we could split it 3 ways since I'm his stepmom - and I should but contributing. Mind you SO said no and then she brought up a bunch of crap that didn't make sense trying to attack me and SO. I just needed to rant because I found it so absurd she would even ask for us to split it 3 ways.

Starla's picture

Split 50/50. You didn't have that baby nor knock her up right? Shes crazy, hope your better half sees through that nonsense.

icanttakeit's picture

Well this is definitely the place to rant. It is in no way your responsibility to pay for skid's expenses. Anything you contribute should be out of spontaneous generosity. BM would do well to remember the responsibilities of motherhood. What a clown.

TASHA1983's picture

WTF??!! 3 WAYS??!! I honestly would go ape-shit and beyond if my BF or BM EVER thought for one millisecond that I would EVER contribute to paying for ANYTHING for THEIR DAMN KID!!!

Hell to the NO on that one....NOT YOUR KID...NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY...EVER!!!!

Reading your post just scorched my ass.....WOW!!! The fucking nerve!!!

sbm014's picture

Haha I love this. I am still wearing the ring I bought because he hasn't had the money to get me the one he promised. I don't complain and wear my ring with pride. Mind you she doesn't know this. I have given up more than enough in materials because of her and SS but I try to be understanding and SO promises it will get better especially after Christmas...and he still send me sweet notes and flowers whene he's gone to help make up for it as he says.

sbm014's picture

SO defends me at all cost...and SO told her it wasn't my responsibility. He said that anything I contribute is my choice and that everything I do is out of my pocket not his and so my money is my money.

Both SO and I support SS when he is at our house but he knows if I don't have the money I won't do it and not to expect anything. Mind you for Christmas we will mix expenses some but for the most part I have my part of the bills and he has his. I am thankful that he understands I will help HIM out but nothing I do will be seen by her.

BM is grade A nuts. She lives off of nothing but CS and tries to play the victim card. We recently found out she is trying to get on SSI which she can't because during the time they were together she legit worked 3 days...yes 3 days. They asked her to do something she didn't want to and she quit.

And I have done more than enough picking up the slack from where she doesn't have the money. I have bought most of SS4's shirts - his dad buys his pants because the little boy likes Cinch like his daddy. BM will either put him in something her 10 yr old should wear or something that he should have stopped wearing a year ago.

And like I said when he said no she went on a rant about how I guess when soccer first started I "yelled" at her kid to get off the field so SS could practice which I probably told him to but I don't yell it's not my character but she told SO that that shows who I truly am and he needs to watch out because I am a vicous woman...I have done nothing but let SO be his true self, encouraged SS and only intervened when I felt possible, and never directly to her. I know a lot of stems of jealousy that SO and I have a more than cordial relationship and hardly ever fight and knowing he will defend me at anytime.

msg1986's picture

Wow :jawdrop: She should be happy if you CHOOSE to contribute, not expect it. What an idiot!

OptimisticMe's picture

She pretty much just "gave" you part of her child...like she is giving up part of her job as mother because you are so great (or rich). I would take that as a compliment...and remember to use it for ammo in the future if she ever wants to say you aren't good enough for him ("Oh, I'm not good enough to attend his game but I am good enough to pay for it?").

But hell no! Do NOT pay 1/3! That is crazy and so is she!

OptimisticMe's picture

I am still in disbelief! She could have asked you and your DH to pay 2/3 because you have two incomes and she has only one...but to say you are his parent, too and owe it to him like it is your responsibility??? I don't get it!

B22S22's picture

IMHO, THAT's even wrong. It happened to me and I went apeshit! Both my DH and I work, BM doesn't. So she thought that it should be a 2/3 proposition since we have two incomes. She completely ignored the fact that I HAVE TWO CHILDREN because in her mind DH (and I) should put his children first.

Technically, whatever extras her kids do is paid for 100% by my DH in the end, because she has no income so it comes from CS.

Nope, 2 bioparents need to split it 50/50.

OptimisticMe's picture

I totally agree, it is wrong to expect or ask for anything other than 50/50 (I don't think anything should be expected of a step parent like that)...I can just make sense of her trying 1/3, 2/3 for financial reasons...but to say it needs to be that way because she is now a parent is just crazy talk!

sbm014's picture

She is nuts and though we have 2 incomes one doesn't affect her...and she is capable of getting a job she has no disability prevneting her though she will play victim card and telling you she does. I feel aslong as she can get a job she should be obligated to 50/50....but like I said SO will eat the whole cost if he has to because he doesn't want SS to miss out.

sbm014's picture

We have reciepts for everything he has bought...and everything I have bought since we have been together. I honestly try to do my part at OUR house but refuse to let her live off me like she is her MINOR children since her only income is CS. She has another thing coming if she ever tries to say I don't do anything to my face because I have a special file for it all.

And like I said I will not be paying either it will be 50/50 or SO will pay for all of it as he refuses her bad money skills to affect SS being in sports.

And we are not 'rich' but I know how it was growing up with a single parent - and SO tries his best to be the best dad he can but I want to make it easier on him so like I said at our house I will do things and I have my own relationship with SS, and then he sees me and SO as a united front....so maybe I am great Smile

Shaman29's picture

Bwwwwwwwaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Best laugh I've had all week.

Split it three ways. That is freaking hilarious. I would have peed my pants laughing at the BM for even suggesting it.

Oh my sides. They hurt from laughing.

sbm014's picture

I'm glad everyone here got a laugh out of it like I did. She is freaking ridiclous with her comments especially about my role. I am so glad that SO understand my true role.

RedWingsFan's picture

OMFG that's just FUNNY! How on earth did she feel justified in requesting that???? Holy Hell. I'm with the others, great laugh!!! Thanks! Biggrin

sbm014's picture

She feels justified to ask for anything she thinks she get away with...as stated above she lives off of nothing but CS and sees how SS is dressed at our house and the relationship I have with him..I guess getting along with a stepchild makes her think I was apart of his birthing? I think not. I am so lucky to have my SO.

sbm014's picture

SO and I are common law married and to other they look at it as just engaged. We plan on making it all legal just not at the current moment because of financial issues and he knows it is my first marriage so wants me to have it exactly how I want.

I will say I do help SO out but he doesn't ask for it... What I do is extra and out of the kindness of my heart and I believe he truly understands it not only by the way he acts but he defends it to BM. And I will purposely not pay for something every once on a while to remind him it isn't my responsibility. And honestly most of the stuff I do is relatively small and both SO and SS always say thank you mainly SO and he makes sure SS says it.

I also make sure anything I help with is for OUR household so BM doesn't know how much I do. I let SO take the front for her so that she doesn't know the extent and can't say it is my responsibility because I know it's not.

I will also say I feel like I lucked out with a very understanding and defending SO who will stand up for me and I think it helps as though he didn't have to deal with the biofather he was a stepparent and knows what it feels like to build up resentment.

sbm014's picture

THIS IS HIS BIO CHILD I AM TALKING ABOUT. BM had a kid when her and SO first got together. So currently she has the 10yr old (not his) and his which is the 4yr old. He attempted to still have contact with the 10yr old and found it wasn't worth it. So we have NOTHING AT ALL to do with the oldest child only the 4yr old.

sunbeam0901's picture

Pssh. At least she divvied it up so that she had her own portion to be responsible for. Our BM thinks that DH & I should pay for everything for skids because we make more money than she does. Sorry, BM. I'm not paying for sh!t for your spawn.

sbm014's picture

Exactly according to her she is a perfect mom etc etc yet she can't even support her ownself or her kids without CS and will be sadly mistaken if SO ever decides to file for full custody once he gets onshore which I fully support.