You are here

"sorry, your father doesn't want you"??

girlmeetsworld714's picture

BM is actively PASing SD3. SO was the best daddy and BM was so thankful for him being so involved up until SD was 6 months old and she learned we were together (SD is the result of a friends with benefits thing; they hadn't been "together" since before she found out she was pregnant). Immediately after learning of SO's new relationship, he became just the "sperm donor" who didn't want anything to do with SD and she was so glad her other babydaddy could be SD's "daddy" too. 2 months later, BM cut off all communication with SO, changing her phone number and not allowing him to contact her in any form, claiming he was abusive towards her. A couple months passed before he was able to find a way to get SD since he wasn't allowed any communication with BM (he had to get her father's number and contact him to make plans to get SD). 6 monthsish of getting SD regularly every other weekend passed (still with no communication with BM) before SO requested they get a visitation agreement in writing. BM refused and from then on, did not allow SO to see SD at all; she said he stopped asking to see her and never made anymore attempts to be involved, while he said he asked and asked and got either no response or just excuses from BM's dad.

It's been almost 2 years now and after numerous attempts to see SD, he has still gotten nowhere. While he should have done something years ago to keep things from getting where they are now, he didn't. They are currently in the middle of a very intense custody battle, but it will be dragged out for mooooonths, I'm sure. BM trashes SO online every opportunity she gets. Today she posted on facebook that it's been almost two years since he "bounced" on SD, but it's ok because SD has her mom and her "dad" and the rest of BM's family to love her since SO doesn't. SO gets his other SD who is almost 6 very regularly and is extremely involved in her life (gets her EOW, calls throughout the week just to say hi, discusses and helps makes decisions with her BM regularly even though they don't get along hardly ever, etc). The two BM's are now friends (which is I'm 100% sure psychoBM's way of trying to turn halfsaneBM against SO, too), so SD3 and SD6 see each other pretty often. What the crap does psychoBM tell SD3? "Your father wants SD6, but doesn't want you. Sorry."?? Like way to ensure your kid has a screwed up sense of self worth by constantly reminding her she's unwanted. "Let's spend time with your sister! But remember you're only sisters because her daddy is the man who walked out on you and wants nothing to do with you!" Do these kinds of people not see what they're doing to their kids?? My heart breaks for SD3 and I don't even know her.

Patsy's picture

All I can say is make sure your lawyer is up to date on PAS and how to use it in court. If your lawyer hasn't dealt with PAS it is going to be an even harder battle.

Patsy's picture

Parental Alienation Syndrome - It is when one parent tries to alienate another and keep the child and parent from bonding. When A person is turning a child against a parent we say they are PASing them.