You are here

Sorry, Last Question

Annoyed1's picture

Hi all! Thank you so much for all your help in input over the last couple of days. I have one more question for you all. My FDH is being taken to court for an increase in child support and to get everything done through child maintenance. Right now they have an agreement between each other that is $150 through maintenance and $500 cash (he gives her cheques for a paper trail). So, my question is, should he keep paying her what their agreement was until the court date or should he only pay her what the agreement is with child maintenance? He really needs the money for a lawyer, but doesn't want it to look bad on him in court. In the past, she's lied about what he's paid her, but I just want what's best for him. Thanks for your time. Hope you're all having a good Tuesday Smile

RedWingsFan's picture

I'd definitely keep a paper trail to prove that he's paying her until everything is set up. And if he's writing her checks or money orders, he needs to notate that it's for child support and the month. Otherwise, she can say it was a gift or not specified so she can claim he didn't pay child support.

Good luck.

SMof2Girls's picture

He should probably continue to pay whatever they've agreed to until it's changed. Keeping a paper trail is a good idea; but be sure to make notations on the checks like RedWings said above.