You are here

Sorry if this is gross...

stopandchat's picture

Should a 6 yr old need help wiping his butt after a poop?

maria37's picture

Every child develops differently and sometimes at 6 they still need some help especially if they have an upset stomach. both my boys wiped at 6 but sometimes they needed extra help. no big deal.

ohxitsxapril's picture

my sd is 6 and she has been wiping by herself for a while now, but recently we've been seeing stains in her underwear so dh had to explain to her how to properly wipe until there is nothing to see, if you get what i mean, sorry kinda gross!

stopandchat's picture

I asked, because everytime my 6 yr old SS poops, he calls his dad in to wipe his butt. I was thinking that a 6yr old should be able to wipe his own butt.

I am confused's picture

Yes on the flushable wipes. Anyone who doesn't use them is in for a surprise. I USE THEM. Wipe your butt one day with just toilet paper, hell wipe it til you nearly bleed, then use a wetwipe and look at it. GROSS. You'll never wipe with just toilet paper again.

Synaesthete's picture

Agreed on flushable wipes, and I would suggest, when he calls his dad in to do it for him, have him instruct and teach and let the boy do it himself. I wouldn't call it strangely late, all kids do develop at different times, but he's got to learn to do it himself at some point in time - it sounds like a good age to start. Smile

sweetthing's picture

I second what Lizzhouse said. Because of flushable wipes I have a close & personal relationship with Beau at Rotor rooter. Dad just needs to work with him.

stopandchat's picture

I agree that Dad needs to work with him, not do it for him. It's his dad's first response to do everything FOR him. He was in school all day this past school year, and I know that he didn't have anyone wiping his butt there. I think he does a lot of these things just because he knows DH will be right there to do things for him if he doesn't want to do them.

steptwins's picture

Gross. Now I know of one thing my DH hasn't done for his boys. However at age 14 they don't know how to flush the toilet or wash their hands. He helps them b.c. he loves them. LOL. And its never going to change - DH's breeding them to be his entitled dependents. Makes me sick & skids aren't happy but for a brief second. Any change in discipline/daily routine must come from straight from DH.

AVDetroit's picture

It will continue to be this way too. At 8 y/o my SS would stick his rear end in the air and yell "someone come wipe my butt!" At 14 he would complain if someone threw a tissue in the toilet and didn't flush it. At 18 he still had to be told to take a shower and change his clothes. If the bio-parents don't step up, this only continues.

colliebean72's picture

Oh I am in the same boat, although he (my BF's son) seems to have gotten a little better. He is going to be 7 on Sunday, and I still feel like he is very young for his age. I kept telling my bf it was crazy he had to still do that for him. I mean, he's in 1st grade, I'm sure the teacher isn't doing it for him in school!
Now if the kid could sleep a night by himself without Daddy, we'd be making some major headway!

starfish's picture

GROSS??

ss10 ~~ i find chunks in his underwear (which is why i wear latex gloves when i do skids laundry ~~ of course the pairs with chunks go in the garbage), so i don't know if he doesn't wipe or shits his pants b/c he's too lazy to go to the bathroom.

sd13 ~~ nasty ass skid-marks in her panties... lately she takes all of her clothes home ~ dirty or clean ~ so, i don't have to deal with her stuff very often.