You are here

Soooo Fed Up !

Str3ss3d 0ut's picture

I have had a horrible week topped off by a wkend with the sd's from hell! I have been on a real emotional rollercoaster feeling insecure, unloved, fat etc etc I had to go shopping on fri with my ex hubby to get some stuff for my son and he didnt help either sayin i was bigger due to fat not muscle !!! I simply said now i know why i left you you incondsiderate *****. And to top that off when i got home my bf wasnt exactly supportive he hasn't wanted to ermm show me love in any way in the bedroom at all I feel I have to ask and that I hate cos i get rejected which upsets me ( he doesnt understand why typical man !) But just recently I have felt so left out and put to one side its unreal. His daughters always creep round daddy or hold on to him any time i go near when we are walkin round anywhere they make sure i cant hold his hand and get in the middle of us! They are the root of 90% of our arguements His 5yr old still wets in the day and has to wear pull ups at night and they are always wetter than my 3yr olds who may i add is dry all day every day and has only been in knickers about 6 months so is showin her up no end. Just the other day SD 5 wet the bed during the day whilst sittin playin and hid the fact she had done it til i went in to make the beds properly and spotted it. I am at the end of my tether with the step kids from hell they just seem to want me out the way and they drive a wedge between their dad and myself all the time I love him dearly but his kids drive me insane now i really am not sure what to do next or how to deal with the kids. I shout at them if they are naughty and they smirk bk at me or laugh which really winds me up so i tell their dad and he simply speaks to them and says dont do it again Yea right like That will ever happen because as soon as his bk is turned they are at it again. Anyway enough of my ranting and raving I just don't know how to handle the situation I find myself in. Any ideas????........

irishcali71's picture

Hi there, I feel your pain- believe me. But ya know,I have learned the hard way... that whenever YOu as the step, raise your voice, try to chatise or reprimand then , even when you are 100% RIGHT- you are made to feel wrong!!! Lately I have been trying the kill 'em with kindness approach....the when they are acting up, your partner will see that you are trying to be nice, and they are the ones pushing your buttons. Also, I have noticed- with step kids- the more they see that they are hurting you, or causing strife in your relationship, the MORE THEY DO IT!!!! If you can give the impression that they are NOT even bothering you, they will let up.

Also, you should try talking to your husband during a quiet moment, and let him know that his failure to back you up is causing most of the problems... see if you can get through to him for support. these Sk's are acting up because THEY CAN- they are allowed to get away with it...

I know what you're going through- hang in there Smile