You are here

Something kinda cute...

Madicakes's picture

... if it weren’t for the fact that SD complained the whole time!
The other day DH, MIL and I were in the dining room and started hearing a ruckus coming from the bathroom. We hear water running and SD15 yelling…”ow, hurry up, this isn’t fun, you know. You’re doing it wrong”…followed by DD8 giggling. I got up to see what was going on. DH says “Oh leave them alone, they’re having fun”. (See how he automatically assumes I’m going to be the evil stepmother!). I just said “OMG, I just want to see what they’re doing”. I peeked in the door without me knowing they were there and I see DD in the bathtub with SD positioned like she is doing the crab walk, with her head under the faucet, and DD is WASHING HER HAIR!!! I just shook my head and walked away. Told DH what was happening and he just thought it was adorable. I was thinking to myself that yea, it would have been cute if SD was appreciating her little sister helping her out instead of berating her the whole time about how she is doing it wrong. DD finally got tired of it and said “why don’t you have mom do it then”. SD answered “Because she wouldn’t do this for me”. Well, at least she got that part right

Sometimes it’s fun to watch them together, when SD is being friendly towards DD. I guess that goes with biological siblings too though. I remember bickering with my sisters quite frequently Wink