You are here

Some Upbeat Blurb in my (unwanted) step-life

eviltrophywife's picture

everyone (at least I hope I am not the only one) goes through cycles of desperation, anger, run-away impulses and then hopefully as fortunate as I am right now...peacefulness, contentment, reassurance for putting up with all this SH*T that we have been warned about over and over again

I am writing this bc I'd like to share positive experience too...since we all have way too much of the opposite kind

after being with my beloved partner for over 2 years he slowly gradually turned around. I restated over and over again not without painful discussions that I WON'T STEP BACK FROM MY LIFE and will defend it against HIS GHOSTS FROM THE PAST. At the same time I made it clear that I chose HIM and a life with HIM and it takes TWO to make the "package deal" work.

Emotional and physical distance to Stepkids are growing ...but OUR life comes closer! We left for a trip on a visitation weekend. He actually is AWARE of the "US impact" when we won't have a night together bc he takes his kids out. He realizes that life for HIM and for US starts NOW and not when the kids are older, when the kids are in college etc etc etc

To all your stressed step-moms, 2nd wifes out there: Fight for your HAPPINESS with YOUR MAN! It's worth it if he is worth it!