You are here

So tired if every.single.weekend

ohfreakingwell's picture

Call me selfish, but I wish we didn't gave the skid every weekend...it would be nice to have a weekend that wasn't dictated by all of her 'activities'...it's like the weekend comes and we have to play everything by ear bc we don't know what she has planned. I'd live just one free weekend! Just over one more year until she is off to college

Orange County Ca's picture

I'm amazed that a 17 year old girl wants to spend time with Daddy and every single weekend. Wow. Mostly they want to hang with school friends and that's near Mama if she lives with her.

Are these "plans" extra curricular school activities like cheer leader or something? If so you're kinds stuck, well at least Daddy is, you can stay home. Yes you have my permission even if Daddy thinks you should go along.

Surely she doesn't need a babysitter. Leave her at home and go see a movie. Call a girlfriend - take your kids to the park - go see Mom - sit in a church and pray. You're not the babysitter Daddy is. Just take off and go to the library and read the magazines. Anything.

onthefence2's picture

^^^Me, too!^^^ Is the girl not driving? What the heck? I was working a job, going to school, and playing sports at that age. I was happy if a parent came to a game; I was driving myself!

ohfreakingwell's picture

No...she doesn't drive yet ( has her permit but not her liscense)...she is 16. Yes , these are sport activities/dances/friends, etc. we live across town from BM ( lovely) ...so it doesn't matter if she is here or there...and her mother is batshit crazy and she prefers to be at our house..but BM would never let that happen full time. ( thankfully) . I do go and do stuff without them ...but I still sleep there and I have a 2 year old so we need downtime at home. It's like a dark cloud enters my house for the weekend and the sum doesn't come out until Monday.