You are here

So pi$$ed...BM copying

Cookieboom's picture

OMG, Someone posted about this already (I think the poster was Ashley but not sure? Sorry if I'm wrong!) 

Anyway, BM just became freinds on FB with one of my friends.  She posted NYE bash photos of her, it showed up on my feed.  She cut her hair and colored it the same style as mine!!! and was wearing the same Jones New York winter coat!! WTFFFFFFFFFFF....

Going to get a new haircut.....getting rid of the coat.....I feel like gagging!!!!  BF doesn't know yet.....

Cookieboom's picture

No idea what is wrong with them.  Low self-esteem I think…One poster said the BM told SM’s current hubby that he would never get a lady, my BM had BF convinced he was ugly, fat and stupid.  He is cute, not fat and has two master’s degrees!!

As far as the hair, I have naturally curly hair and cut it…she cut it the same length and got a perm.  She has natural blonde hair (She is attractive) and darkened it. I too, have had the same hair style for years and recently got a trim.  She had long long hair and cut it to the same length I have and permed it....

I was so mad earlier when I posted and said I was going to change my hair and get a new coat.  I have calmed down some.  I decided I am not changing a thing.  F*@k her.  Let her pay for things I get for free! It seems she is beginning to friend request friends of mine or out of nowhere she and mutual friends are friends…. Not going to say anything to BF….Just be on the lookout for my own well being.

AgedOut's picture

if anyone brings it up, laugh and say "she must really want to be me. too bad I'm one of a kind" 

now I'm a snarky b word when I'm in a snit so I'd be loudly saying "I love your new hair-do." and smiling my innocent smile. 

tog redux's picture

No surprise, she's clearly jealous of you, and would take your SO back in a heartbeat. BM here did some of that. I'm not someone who does a lot with my hair and style, but my mom pointed out that she rented an apartment in my neighborhood after DH and I started dating. She and DH lived in a suburb 20 minutes outside the city neighborhood I lived in. DH continued to live out in the suburb (where we live now), but BM rented a 3rd floor apartment near where I owned a house. In my case I know 100% that BM wanted him back because she told him so. I think for these disordered women, it's too painful to consider that their actual personality drove their partner away - it must be the hairstyle or fashion sense or neighborhood that they like about us. 

Cookieboom's picture

only problem she didn't drive him away with her personality..she left him for a married man who is now back with his wife.....she also harrassed the wife! She's a real doozy this one!!!!

tog redux's picture

Well, she can't figure out why he wouldn't come back after she left him, and she can't possibly consider that her actions contributed to the problem. So she either wants to get rid of you, or be you, lol. 

Cookieboom's picture

But I think she HATES the fact that we are happy (For the most part) and she is miserable.....Hence the "Break up with that skank or you'll never see your son again" rhetoric!!!

tog redux's picture

Yes, and the fact that she copies you says that she wants him to notice HER instead of you.

Merry's picture

Reminds me of my exDH's new wife. I never communicate with my ex but we both of course attended our daughter's college graduation.

New Wife's hair color was about the same as mine. She just loved my haircut and asked my ex to take our picture together so she could show her hairdresser. Totally weird. But I obliged and hammed it up for the photo acting like we were besties.

MissK03's picture

If you like your hair don't change it. If you like your coat don't get rid of it. 

Just because lunatic BM wants to copy you doesn't mean YOU need to change who you are... 

The behavior of BMs "copying" their ex's significant others is insane.

Who cares what she does especially with her appearance. 

Rags's picture

Oh no. DO NOT, run from this fixated dipshit.  In fact, embrace the stalking behaviors and lead her around by her porcine snout ring.

When she adopts your look, change your look, then when she adopts your new look, quickly go back to the previous look. All while publishing your look, and her copying on FB and any other social media you can bare her ass on.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You own her idiot ass. Play that advantage for all it is worth.

Diablo

Survivingstephell's picture

I agree.  Have some fun with this.  Make her look like an idiot with your fashion choices.  Maybe mention some really expensive accessories.    I think you need to have a bit of fun at her expense to get over this.  I get it , there is nothing more maddening than having your personal style copied like this.  It's seems like a shallow thing on the surface but damn , think for yourself BM!   Maybe have DH  tell her that it looks better on you.  Lol.  I found that BM  hated the fact that DH put me first, told me about her , and I let her know tidbits about herself that DH told me.  In her twisted mind it was the ultimate betrayal.  

halo1998's picture

and become a running joke between my hair stylist and me on whether or not I would keep a color or a style for more than 5 weeks just to keep Beaver on her toes...

I have naturally curly hair...Beaver does not.  She would get a perm.  So then I would straighten my hair.  If I colored mine red she would....same with brown, black, etc 

If I wore something...Beaver would show up in it.  Except for my high heals, vans, and cons....that she couldn't pull those off.  I had my nose pierced, so Beaver did it.  You get the picture..

Beaver finally gave it up when I dyed my hair magenta and cut it into a short bob.  Then she just took to making fun of my hair...a year later everyone was dying their hair colors.  I was just ahead of the curve...

I agree with Tog..

"I think for these disordered women, it's too painful to consider that their actual personality drove their partner away - it must be the hairstyle or fashion sense or neighborhood that they like about us."

Beaver cannot fatham that it was HER personality that drove DH away.  She cannot be introspective and realize she needs to change.  Hence, why no matter how much she tried to be ME..DH wasn't coming back and why Beaver is still alone 15 years after the divorce.

You can do what I did...change every 5 weeks to force your BM to keep up.  Smile

Stepdrama2020's picture

BM sounds like a loon.

Your new fashoin look, facial and neck tattoos. (fake of course, unless this is your thing). Then post away on social media. That and a (fake) buzz cut.

Have fun with this.

Cookieboom's picture

too funny!!! BM is alone, too...after her married boyfreind went back to his wife (That she ran off with and left SS with BF full time)