You are here

So incredibly DONE with it all

Eyes Wide Open's picture

Ok, so last night we are sitting on the couch, watching TV, when DH's cell phone goes off. I know it is SD25 because of the "special" ringtone she has. Apparently she and her baby daddy are looking for a Goldwing (motorcycle). Bear in mind she does NOT work and sucks the tax payers dry. According to DH, though, it's OK because baby daddy works. OK....what is wrong with this picture????? She's sucking us dry so HE can buy all of the toys he wants???? I told him I thought it was crap and I was tired of her entitlement attitude. He stomps out of the house and I go upstairs. He comes back later and we go to bed without much discussion about it. He knows how much I can't stand her and the way she thinks she should have everything handed to her. She makes my skin crawl (she's NASTY, too). We are absolutely fine until she rears her ugly little head.

So, today, I call him from work to tell him I'm sorry and he proceeds to tell me that 1) I just need to "get over it" when it comes to her 2) He's tired of me thinking I'm better than everyone else (really? I thought standards and morals were a GOOD thing?) 3)and that his family is "scared" of me because I don't like his kids (seriously? Because none of them have a problem calling when they want something done or when they are having a function and need someone to cook something)

Wow....just wow....apparently if I lower my standards and kiss SD's fat ass, everything will be good. NOT happening..... I am soooo tired of DH living the high life in MY house and driving MY cars. I make him pay rent, but it doesn't even touch the cost of living here. He really is a good man, but I think, maybe, it's time I open my eyes and realize that I am enabling him to live the life he really doesn't appreciate. He likes expensive vacations, fancy restaurants, and NICE toys.....but you can't have this and the trailer park, too, DUDE!!!!!

skylarksms's picture

I am enabling him to live the life he really doesn't appreciate

That says it all right there. Now the question is: Do you want to continue doing that? Can you live your life the way it is right now?

notsure00's picture

My thought too...enabling him.

I myself just had an ephiphany that I can't allow such things to happen.

The one thing I have to keep for myself is my dignity.

Wildchildhaz1's picture

Now is the time to change your life. Only you can do that. The choice is in your hands.

Jojo4124's picture

A nice man. He doesn't apologize for his dds nastiness to you. I don't se him apologizing for anything.  Does he defend you to his dd? Mine did not and that showed me that she came first. I had no room in my marriage for another woman, period. Divorcing him. He sounds very entitled to your stuff

Stepdrama2020's picture

But DANG doesnt matter the year, an entitled SD can be like Lizzie Borden in the 1800's or in 2011,2021!

Wonder if the OP is still with this dude.