You are here

Slim Jims and Gummy Worms

_Jess_'s picture

Yesterday I got home from work to learn that SD10's friend was staying for dinner. Of course...I wasn't told this until I was halfway through cooking, so then I had to scramble to get enough food. Anyway.....

While I was cooking SD and her friend came in the house and asked if they could walk to the cornerstore. SD said her friend's dad had given them some money. My husband said sure. So off they went.

While they were gone, I told husband that my aunt had called me that morning and said SD should have $13 to give back to us from Monday night (when my aunt picked SD up for us and took her to dinner).

SD gets home and husband asks for the money....guess what?! She spent it. She spent $13 on SLIM JIMS AND GUMMY WORMS!!!!!!!!!

Part of me is pretty pissed. And she IS in trouble. Grounded, and next time she receives any money (birthday, easter...) the first $13 go to us.

But part of me just thinks this is sort of hilarious. I mean, slim jims and gummy worms??? What a freakish child.

anncanbike's picture

I'm jealous. My husband won't do any discipline, even grounding due to failing at school. Nothing. He's afraid that they won't like him. That's great DH & you together disciplined her.

no validation's picture

Crayon.....you made 2 points that I wanted to comment on....

1. "i don't get to spend much time with them and what time i DO spend, i don't want it to be disiplining."

2. "if i discipline him/her/them, they won't want to come over and see me anymore" (HELLO!!! MOST of the visitation time I see is just three skids burning up MY electric bill watching vid games and tv then burning up the food bill on fancy expensive, over-priced high end junk food, NOT spending "quality" time with Papa!!!)

I hear that from DH as well, but I agree with him to an extent. Let me explain. BM waits to have DH talk to the kids about problems SK are having while in BM's care. I think that is rather unfair because the time that they are with us would turn into a discipline weekend instead of a regular weekend. They would dread coming over because they would know whats coming every weekend and I think that is not right.
However, when it comes to the discipline in our home for something they did in our home I think that is a no hold a tongue thing. I refuse to have any child in my house that gets away with murder in my house. Then again, I guess that is why I am here, because that HAD been the case.....won't be anymore!
I agree with the kids just hanging out and DH not doing anything with them. This has been a contention in my household. DH works all weekend (at home sitting at his desk) and the kids are either left to veg and eat or *I* am left trying to get them out of the house and involved in something. Just not fair!

Nothing comes easy thats worth fighting for.....thats what they tell me!

Kim M's picture

I have a 15yo ss and 13{mentally acts 3}sd.Supposed to be every other weekend and holiday but mom ditches them evey chance she gets.Gee wonder why.No manners or social skills.I picked the last snotty tissue out of my couch and the last pop can out of the living room,wiped the poop of the toilet seat for the last time!I STOPPED PICKING UP TOTALLY!I dont buy special junkfood/graceries and since they dont bathe they sleep in the basement.Guess what...He got tired of the mess and the expense of taking them out all weekend to eat.It isnt' vacation weekend anymore.He noticed how much he was spending in gas every weekend{shes always broke,poor thing} Needless to say we are back to every other!LOL and my sanity restored!!!! Thanks guys!!!

_Jess_'s picture

Yeah, my DH is pretty good with the discipline stuff when he notices things. The last part is the problem....sometimes he just doesn't notice. I think it might just be a guy thing.

We are (I guess...) lucky in that we have custody...so there is no worrying about "SD won't want to come here." She lives here! (She does occassionally threaten to move in with BM though).

Kim M's picture

I fixed my computer so now there is a log on internet password.I can't wait.They may not want to come over at all now LOL!I found out by accident.

Nani Sue's picture

Good to hear that your DH took charge and did something. My SD stole, DH cell phone after the company had given him a company phone to use, and then claimed she didn't know it was his to the tune of a $600.00 bill, and what did he do, at first he grounded her but when she called CPS (Child Protective Service) and claimed that I beat her, which I have never laid a hand on her, he let her off, saying she is just misunderstood. Thankfully the CPS worker is more observant than him. They dropped the case stating that the fault is in the SD not me.

ColorMeGone2's picture

At least she didn't buy beer and condoms! Wink

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)

laurels4u's picture

but did your DH take the gummies and Slim Jims? I would've and would've eaten every last one in front of her. I love gummies! Tee hee!

All I'm asking for is some good old honesty served up fresh when I ask for it without the side order of hot tongue and cold shoulder!