You are here

Sleeping Arrangements with Visitors this Weekend

Maximax's picture

Hi friends. Got a question.

This weekend is my mom's 60th birthday & we're doing a fun party out dancing Saturday night. SO's parents are coming in town for the party & also because SD9's birthday is Wednesday. So 2 birthdays to celebrate. SO's parents get along great with mine, everyone has a great time.

We are also renting out my spare bedroom on Airbnb this weekend & the next 4 weekends. SO & I just started a business so this income is very welcome right now.

All 3 bedrooms are occupied as SO's parents will be sleeping in SD9's room. The dilemma is where to put SD9 if she decides to stay with us. (I don't think she should have this choice but that's out of my control.) I'm thinking of letting her sleep in our bed on the other side of SO but really fear losing ground as she is constantly trying to get SO to sleep with her.

We do have an air mattress & a comfy sofa as well. Thoughts?

When I was a kid, my mom booted my sister & I out of our beds when we had company & made a pallet on the floor with extra blankets. And we were fine, it was just what happened. But it seems that kids these days have more rights? Even my friends with whole families tend to try to prevent moving kids out of their beds with company.

beebeel's picture

The couch or an air mattress is perfectly fine for one weekend. I don't even know why you would consider your bed as an option.

hereiam's picture

Do NOT let her sleep in your bed with you & SO.

There is nothing wrong with an air mattress on the floor somewhere.

Why is SHE dictating where she stays and when? You don't have to answer that, but if it is not her visitation weekend and since you have a full house, I would be adamant that she stay with BM. If your SO insists that she stay with you anyway, she sleeps where you say she sleeps.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

For security reasons, I vote for air mattress on the floor in your bedroom as you'll be having ABnB guests in your home.

pinkb's picture

Or maybe perhaps the ladies can "camp" together and hubby can take the air mattress... Takes the AirBnB guest out of the equation and you're also sending a fairly firm (get reasonable) message that she's not sleeping with Daddy anymore...

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Couch or Air mattress for sure. There is no reason to have her in your guys bed.

Maximax's picture

Thanks friends. I just laid it out that an air mattress in my room is fine but sleeping in my bed is not.

Agree on keeping her in our room away from Airbnb guest. Thanks for the reality check!!

Rags's picture

AeroBed on the floor. That is what we did. The Skid's room was also the guest room when we had adult guests. The Skid and any visiting kids went on AeroBeds on the floor in the study, on the sofa, on the floor in the walk in closet..... whatever worked.

Don't over think it. It is what it is. Keep it simple and for damned sure don't give any kids a choice in this type of situation.

Acratopotes's picture

Why can't she bunk with Grans??

I'm sorry but I will not allow her to sleep in my room, she already wants Daddy to sleep with her, now this will turn out bad, she will demand sleeping in your room and crawl into you bed nightly.... you just opened a can of worms IMO....

I would simply let her stay with BM and pick her up, ...