You are here

skids say the stupidest things

staying calm's picture

We moved into a new house last weekend. It is not a mansion. Bedrooms downstairs, family room and kitchen upstairs. SD7 and I were in the family room yesterday unloading some things from the store and I asked SD7 to take the juice in the kitchen and put it in the fridge. She looks around, and says "Where's the Kitchen?" OMG

RedWingsFan's picture

LMAO

RedWingsFan's picture

Oh, I remember this like it happened yesterday! SD14 was 13 at the time and posted on her facebook page "Wow, I never realized you could actually watch the clouds MOVE in the sky!" Of course she spelled realize, actually and cloud wrong, but holy hell! I commented "I hope you're kidding!" and she replied "No, I'm not, I was just outside and SAW them move"

Yeah, oh and America is spelled with a "K" and she's 13 and doesn't know how to sign her name. OOOOOOH, she also thought China was part of Japan because all those "slanty eyed people" should live together! Her words, not mine. Crazy!

RedWingsFan's picture

Bag of hammers! OMG I spit my Mountain Dew out my nose when I read that one! Sheesh that was funny!

And DH says she was tested for learning disabilities when she failed 3rd grade and she was on the "low" side but not enough to require anything special...I honestly thought she plays dumb to get attention until she pulled that shit when it was just her and I in the room.

I excel at English, writing (have a couple published articles), reading and vocab. This kid seriously spelled her last name wrong when she had to write it in sharpie on the back of her gym shirt last year for gym class! And her last name is very simple (JOHNSON)!

IAmALady77's picture

I seriously do not remember being that stupid at that age, and it really wasn't that long ago :jawdrop: Of course I have my stupid moments too, I thought swine flu was from birds even though I knew swine= pigs. Stupid moment but in my defense I was associating swine=swan LOL Biggrin

RedWingsFan's picture

Holy shit! Just when I was thinking SD14 was the dumbest kid on the planet - wow. Texas has a moon...LMFAO

That's insane!

BSgoinon's picture

When my niece was about 16 we were at the beach. And she asked what was in the sky (it was a blimp) I told her it was a "UFO". She said "whats a UFO". I told her "Unidentified flying object" and she said "maybe grandma will know, I'll ask her".

nelly's picture

haha! I'm dying!
Bf's son12, for whatever reason keeps asking if something is real or fake, like we are driving down the street and he'll point to a bus and ask hey is that bus real? WTF? What do you mean if it's real? It's a fucking bus.

nelly's picture

That what I think! Like he thinks they are props and he's acting in a movie, and can't tell fantasy from reality? I don't know, I'm confusing myself just thinking about it.. All I know is that is not normal questions from a !twelve year old!

RedWingsFan's picture

My DH actually tried sticking up for SD14 once when she said "I get my poor spelling from my dad"...um, yeah, I'm sorry but the ability to spell isn't inherited like eye color!

DH said that his dad is a horrible speller, so is he, so it's natural for SD to follow suit and he made the mistake of telling her that. I say that's a bunch of horse shit because both of my parents suck ass at spelling but I excel in it.

hereiam's picture

When SD21 was telling her dad she was pregnant (his oldest daughter had already had a baby), she said, "Guess what? You're gonna be another grandpa." Huh?

Each of his daughters now have 2 kids so I guess he is 4 grandpas.

Unfreakingreal's picture

Bag of hammers. I am using that asap. My SS was probably 10 at the time, when we were playing Scrabble at the park and he couldn't figure out how to spell AIR. True story, I SWEAR!

RedWingsFan's picture

I know right? That's a damn good one! I always said "box of rocks" cuz it was my dad's favorite saying but the hammers - yeah that works well!

AIR, really? WOW

Frustr8d1's picture

lol. I was walking SD8 to school one morning in California where it never rains. Neighbor's sprinklers were on so we were walking on a wet sidewalk. SD8 says, "Why are the sidewalks so wet? Did it rain last night?"

Or how about, "How was cancer invented?" DH almost flipped a lid, as his mom died of breast cancer.

I could walk in the room with my hair dyed purple and she wouldn't even notice. SD's stupidity knows no limits.