You are here

Skids have asked BM if they can have a new baby brother

SMof2Girls's picture

BM's reply:

"They keep asking if they are getting a baby brother lol I tell them not from me, that I love them to much!"

SMof2Girls's picture

She only said it because she doesn't want more kids. And she knows DH and I do. Why not make her kids unhappy in the process, with the blame falling on DH, right? :sick:

SMof2Girls's picture

BM has a boyfriend. She just doesn't want anymore kids. But I think deep down it irks her that DH and I do. We're not even actively trying to get pregnant or anything right now anyway, and we haven't even decided 100% if more kids are really in the cards.

I can't say I'm surprised .. I would never expect BM to have a positive attitude/outlook in front of the girls with anything related to DH or me.

noway70's picture

What a stupid and mean thing to say!

I'd just tell them their mom was kidding. Of course having another baby has nothing to do with loving the older ones.
Did she have the second SD because she didn't love SD1 enough?!

SMof2Girls's picture

That was exactly my response too .. I wonder how she explained that she loved 2ndSD enough to not have more kids, but not 1stSD?

Anon2009's picture

"I can't say I'm surprised .. I would never expect BM to have a positive attitude/outlook in front of the girls with anything related to DH or me."

BM doesn't have to agree with decisions you and DH make and you certainly don't have to agree with decisions she makes. That being said, BM probably should have said something to the effect of what imaSmom said. It gets their question answered in a way that doesn't PAS.

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't expect her to be positive, but I think it's fair to expect her to not be negative or PAS. Indifference would be an improvement for her.