You are here

skids can mess up your life

SugarSpice's picture

we all know the big ways with child support leaving you and spouse with no money, bm calling all the shots, no privacy with skids taking up your house.

but what about the wee things?

in my case i bought my self a dvd movie that i looked forward to watching. i was doing chores in another part of the house. the dvd was still in its wrapper next to the television. sd comes in a plunks herself down in the sofa and without asking unwraps the dvd and starts watching it. i later came into the room only to see the movie twenty minutes into the film, ruining it for me!

share the little ways skids ruin your life:

Stormyweather's picture

I buy myself a yummy snack, put it in the fridge to eat later and go to get it to find a bite taken out of it (and put back), eaten or cut in half. Sad

Note to self: hide snacks from rude skids.

Emily1984's picture

Hahaha, I have resorted to hiding the following things because I have caught DH handing them to his kids for their own personal use:

- my face flannel
- my bath loofa
- my bath towels

I threw out the old ones and got new ones because...eww! And now I hide them! I hide my toothbrush as well because I suspect he was letting the little one pick it up.

- my art equipment

DH handed one of my erasers from my drawing equipment to SS6 and he bit it in half. He wasn't planning on drawing, DH just gave it to him because he 'wanted' it. All my equiment now stays hidden.

- snacks I have bought for my own consumption

If I buy something for myself as a treat there's no way I could leave it out. The amount of times I have made something for myself and DH thinks that is an open invitation for me to divide it up for everyone in the house? Erm, no. I already cook for everyone so if I want to make something for myself I can do. He knows not to say anything now though, lol!

Downtowncrabby's picture

Food...chores... clothes...couches.. birthdays... just think everything is a free for all and could care less if they ruin things.

Indigo's picture

SGD-12 does the usual kid things but after the 100th time, I get frustrated.

Menstrual blood smeared all over toilet seat in the guest bathroom (not hers); used menstrual pads left on floor of bathroom uncovered; food hidden in bathroom cabinets; "Kissy lips" on all mirrors in bathrooms, hallways in entire house; eating food and putting empty boxes back in freezer, fridge and pantry; eating some of brand new food, not covering the remainder and essentially ruining the groceries; unable to be self-entertained; constantly trying to break into closets that have locks on them for a reason ... and the list goes on. Little things.

Little things which would bug me if my own child did them, but I just don't have the well of patience for SGD's lack of manners/socialization/bad behavior.

Cover1W's picture

Gah! Empty boxes and cartons! Both SD11 and DP do this. He just thinks I'M the crazy one.
So this weekend I stopped saying anything and I started putting all the empty things in the middle of the kitchen floor. That seems to have worked so far...

SugarSpice's picture

lol! i had the same problem. evidently bm did not teach sds about modesty about their bodily function. heck there were bloody rags open for the world to see in the bathroom trash bin. then when olders sds would have hookups with young men and come home at two in the morning reeking of liquor, sweat and bodily fluids.

intrinsicmemory's picture

My latest peeve is SD12 demanding my family recipes.

They are MY family's, she is NOT my family. I've had to hide my recipe book.

dood's picture

Skidly never.stops.talking.about.stupid.shit. He asks ridiculous questions with obvious answers and he touches everything in the house... snoopy little shit.

Andie91801's picture

Ask him if he needs a trip to hospital?

My SD used to that for attention too so i asked her if she needs a trip to a hospital she said no. One time SD forced herself to cough so hard trying to ruin a visit from a friend of mine until she turned all red. I called 911 and asked them what I need to do? They said either take her to ER or they will send EMS. I chose to take take her to ER. My friend and I put her in the car, rushed her to ER n called DH n BM on the way...made a huge deal out of it ignoring SD crying begging us to turn around saying she's fine. Of course, crying and begging made her even more red. DH got to the hospital first so he heard the whole story from my friend and boy..oh boy...Im not sure he dumped a whole medical bill on BM or they spit the bill but SD sure never coughs in front of me again. She was 12.

Hope it helps

A.

Ilikemycatbetter's picture

Pee Pants and Period Pants: Clogging the toilet with the half roll of toilet paper they use every time, eating all the snack food and leaving crumbs for everyone else, using the whole bottle of my shave cream, body scrub then actually trying to deny when there's not a drop left, going into my room to watch tv during the day and leaving a mess everywhere, pee and period blood all over the toilet. Reporting every aspect of our lives to their train wreck mother.

Andie91801's picture

I'm with you.

I have to remember to do that. I'm luckier than you that my BS is older and he knows who they are and kind of ignore them. I'm so tempted to tell my DH just tell them don't come, just send them money because they don't care about him anyway. They only remember they have a father whenever they need something from him. So disgusting. May be I will take my BS to have xmas vacation with my sister

Good luck to us.

A.

Lemonlimez's picture

10 minutes after arriving, it looks like a clothes bomb went off, stuff everywhere. Using my personal space when I'm not home like my bathroom. Cooking food and leaving kitchen in a mess, leaving refrigerated items out on counter. I stash snacks for DH and I because the food issue was major. Using our expensive couch as a table to eat on and bed to sleep on. I could go on and on.

It's likely a kid thing although I didn't do those things, I knew better. DH and BM did a crappy job of teaching skids anything!

Pinki3663's picture

Skids don't bother me all too much to be honest I was born with a built in mute button...I am certainly not deaf but I have a wonderful knack at ignoring everything that is going on around me. When I buy food that is not meant for the Skids I tell them "hey this is not yours if you touch it someone WILL die.

I do however hide things from DH, I eat very slowly and DH eats at lightning speed so if we are sharing anything I immediately separate my half from his. I also hide chocolate bars and things I rarely get from DH. I can eat a small section of a chocolate bar but DH will eat it in 2 minutes flat. So I will hide it and eat it for about a week.

jssdallas's picture

When we tell them no TV hovering around me like my shadow. No tV does not mean follow me around- please learn to entertain yourself every now and again!!

Cover1W's picture

SD9 stopped flushing the toilet...seems to be corrected at least for the last day she was with us; had to stop SD11 from just marching into our bathroom which is off-limits unless permission is granted.

The SDs have their own bathroom now and I don't deal with it AT ALL. They don't have any bath towels in there b/c they don't bathe.

SD11 tried taking one of my new, good bath towels to the pool.
Me: "SD11, you cannot take one of our good bath towels to the pool. Those stay here, for your dad and mine's bathroom."
SD11: "But I don't know where mine are." (her good bathroom towels btw, one in the laundry and one hanging outside but I don't tell her this)
Me: "There is a closet full of towels here...(open linen closet door)...take ANY from the left side. Just don't use the towels for our bathroom."
SD11: Sighs and takes a different one. Which she leaves at either the pool or her friends house. Which DP will have to get back.

11:30 am..."Can we go to the pool now?" Snotty tone, demanding.
Me: "Um, no. Your dad's not here. Wait for him." Go back to my book.

SD11 doesn't brush her teeth and wore the SAME shirt and shorts from Friday - Sunday. I didn't wash any of her underwear either because there was none put into the laundry yesterday at the end of her visit. Likely she wore one pair the whole time. DP didn't seem to notice and I said NOTHING.

ocs's picture

Constant 'I love you's' to her daaaaadddddddyyyyyyy.

makes me want to scream.

Coming over when she isn't expected and eating my. last. damn. bagel.

mpatterson's picture

The way they can treat you like crap one minute then fell like they are entitled the next. The kids can yell at me or steal from me and then get all mad when I don't take them out to places I am going or try to make the effort for them.

Drives me insane!!! They are entitled little brats!