You are here

SKids Baptism?

daisy611's picture

I keep posting on here! lol I appreciate everyone's input. Do I need to go to my future SKids baptisms??? They're 4 and 6 and I quite frankly don't feel like sitting alone and watching my FDH take pictures with his ex wife.

PeanutandSons's picture

I get that you don't want to go, and you certainly don't have to. But keep in mine, that's exactly what bm wants. To prove that the first family is more important and that she can get your Dh and exclude you at will.

She scheduled this bapsitsm right after your wedding on purpose. To put you back in your place, so to speak. Set the precedent of not going, and she will keep up with crap.

Personally, id suck it up and go. Wear something fabulous and sit there with a big smile. Take pictures of Dh with his kids (without bm) and take some of you and Dh with the kids (that will drive her batty). You need to show her that you won't be bulllied or pushed to the sidelines. It will also show the kids that you ARE a part of their lives now.

daisy611's picture

i'll go. but i don't have to like it. I wish I could go after a few glasses of wine, but my pregnancy prohibits that!

justanothergurlNJ's picture

OHHH you're preggers GO!!! Show off that beautiful belly, kind of like rubbing a dogs nose in poop!!! I would so be all over that, smiling, laughing, rubbing my belly!

christinen's picture

Why the hell did she wait until the kids are 4 and 6 to get them baptized? Sounds like she's only doing it to try to show up your wedding (especially since you said it's planned for the week after). That sounds like a bunch of bs to me. I would not want to go at all, but that would be giving BM exactly what she wants. That's a tough call!

christinen's picture

Ok I just read your comment that you are pregnant. In this case, I think I would go just to show off the belly and your new ring haha! BM will be the one to look like the idiot that day!

Thatonegirl's picture

I didn't go to my SS's baptism, and I'm glad I didn't because it was a shit show as soon as they left the church. BM was just trying to use it as an excuse to call him out in front of his family for 'not giving her enough money'.
However if it was now, and I were pregnant, and his newly married spouse, I would go, and show that baby bump and new ring allllllll day.