You are here

Skids are coming lets put on the show! VENT

JustPeachy22's picture

It never fails! FDH (who won't get off the couch after work any other day of the week) turns into Mr. Clean the night before his EOW ss4 and sd8 are coming. I just laugh at him. I commute 2 hours a day and cook healthy homemade meals every night so, No I am not scrubbing the bathroom down after all that. I do my major house cleaning on the weekend. Thats My life and My schedule!!! I don't feel the need to put on a show for skids And BTW I DO NOT want to attend the mandatory dinner at your mother's house where I am expected to sit there and listen to story after story after story of what ss and sd did as babies, toddlers,etc (while sd sits there and gives dirty looks and occasionly tells everyone in her best 2 yr. old voice I love you while literally batting her eyelashes)! Oh and FMIL pretends that I am BM!! "Does sd like her hair in a ponytail now?" "Do you have ss's swimsuit in his bag" I DON"T Flippin KNOW! I didnt pack their bags because they Don't live with me and I don't know how she likes her hair because I don't do her hair! I have a life outside of YOUR son and grandchildren which includes a widowed father with begining stages of dementia, a full time job, a BS13 who struggles in school and trying to manage our household with my income and whats left of FDH income after BM gets her cruise, new car, pottery barn, vacation money oops I meant child support. Sorry for the crappy attitude just venting!

Auteur's picture

Are you hearing the Calliope music warm up in the background?

He's probably scared shitless that the skids will point out something that's NOT PERFECT and report it back to the BM. . .which means that he's deep down afraid of "losing the kids." (TM)

Oh and the "nothing's too good for MY angels" crap! :sick:

And boy oh boy, these skids sure do play it up for all it's worth with the baby talk and "I wuv oooo, daddykins!"

UGH! I remember it well.

Just let him do all that catering and cow towing. You make sure you don't do anything to facilitate that nonsense by disengaging.

JustPeachy22's picture

LOl Believe me sbrats can report plenty back to Saint BM of the Bible Belt and I am sure she has plenty of opinions formed about me already. I just don't give a damn. Oh how I cringe when FDH says "my kids this, my kids that". When does it end????

serendipity's picture

that is so frustrating!

i would make it clear to the grandmother that you are NOT their mom. whenever she asked me something i would reply "i don't know, ask their father" and whenever she started talking about the skids as babies and toddlers i would starting talking about YOUR son.

and i would make sure to point out to FDH that the house needs cleaning all the time- not just for his kids. is your son not good enough to clean for? are you not good enough to help clean for? only his kids- bullshit!

cat72196's picture

PSH, that's not a crappy attitude at all. I think everybody would be frustrated w/this bullshit!

Auteur's picture

"Saint BM" Those are the most hypocritical. The Behemoth is a "church lady." She and HER horse banging skank of a BM go to the local lutheran church and are sooo pious.

Yet sorority girl Behemoth in her younger years was a plagiarizing, drunken loose woman (as was HER mother)

Now they're just vipers and hypocritical harpes on a mission to make everyone they come in contact with hate the biodad and me.

giveitago's picture

Yep! I hear you, loud and clear. It's the twins and their dad who do the 'remember when' thing and I feel like the fifth wheel, it's really aggravating! They can do it on purpose if they see stuff gets you aggravated though...hellions!

Hey, you get the house cleaned every time, bonus! Dare he comment on it between times though...right? (chuckle)

The kids might need to maintain some of their routines, though, a sense of normalcy, and visit with Grandma etc. I'd be quick to deflect FMIL's questions, by asking him, sweetly, 'honey, do you know if their mother packed x, y, or z?. I'd also state that I am just coming to know these things, I appreciate the history lesson...but errr...can we get to the present time though...please?? Or words to that effect. I'd have someone call me during the visit, say 'I really have to take this call, it's my dad, or someone important to YOU, and it I need to discuss an important issue,leave them to it! I'd also stress the word IMPORTANT with just an edge of attitude...but then I am audacious.

As long as FMIL does NOT call you by BM's name I really wouldn't worry too much...it is a pain though. I do know that some Grandmas like to reminisce and Grandkids are prime target for all the flattery and spoiling etc...it's also her privelage to indulge them, we just teach the kids that what happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's and this is home, this is our house and they can learn the standards expected of them at each place...above all respect for all!

Yeah,

I hear you with the CS thing, we payed even while we had the kids! Ski trips and similar nonsense. We have a roof, food, clothing and a few luxuries too...if that crap is so important to her then let her have it! WE have the kids!